CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Since you were crawling around down there, did you happen to notice if there was space in front of/behind the fuel tank to accept a larger one? 18 Gallons is just not enough. My 19 Ranger had an 18 gallon tank and it sucked to have to get gas every 350 miles or so on a trip. I'm sure there will be an aftermarket solution, but I'm hoping for the possibility of a Tundra 22 or 32 gallon tank under there.
I meant to talk about that, it's doesn't appear to have the extra room as the exhaust curves very close to the front of the tank so close that there's a heat shield there and the rear of the take is jammed up against something else. I will try to take some better pictures of that since many have wondered if they could replace the tank with the tundra tank. Here's some pictures I took earlier, i will start a new thread just for this tomorrow with good pictures. You can see the tank with the heat shield wrap in some of these pictures.
IMG_4742.jpeg
IMG_4744.jpeg
IMG_4749.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CATOY I'll be getting pretty much exactly the same truck as you in a couple weeks. It was just built yesterday.

I be sure to post here about my audio experience as well. I left a post above about the overall payload of the premium. Is it still 1200 or is it less than the less equipped ORs? Thanks!
Does this help? You should be happy with it, i haven't had a truck in over thirty years and missed my 4x4.

IMG_4737.jpeg

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CATOY I'll be getting pretty much exactly the same truck as you in a couple weeks. It was just built yesterday.

I be sure to post here about my audio experience as well. I left a post above about the overall payload of the premium. Is it still 1200 or is it less than the less equipped ORs? Thanks!
IMG_4737.jpeg

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Does this help? You should be happy with it, i haven't had a truck in over thirty years and missed my 4x4.

IMG_4737.jpeg
Thanks for the photo, Does yours have the sticker next to it like the one in the TFL video? That has the actual payload on it. The GVWR isn't perfectly accurate apparently. If not, that's ok I appreciate all you are doing here in the forum.

1707619645293.png

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the photo, Does yours have the sticker next to it like the one in the TFL video? That has the actual payload on it. The GVWR isn't perfectly accurate apparently. If not, that's ok I appreciate all you are doing here in the forum.

1707619645293.png
Yes, looks like mine is also 1200.
IMG_4736.jpeg

Sponsored

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
is 1200 good or bad?
It's adequate. My understanding is that the 3rd Gen had only like 900lbs of payload, that could be incorrect, the internet number says 1685, but I'm not sure it's accurate. Some models, Trailhunter, with the hybrid will be 1700, which would be nice. I think if I add everything up I need, 1200 will be ok, but it could be better. As an example, the 24 Canyon ranges from 1000-1670.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In these pictures, you can see the two different position holes for the trailer hitch in the receiver, the threaded holes for aftermarket steps and bars and the tow hook mounts that will most likely make it easy to replace with an aftermarket tow hook that sticks out a little further than than the stock ones up front. You can also see that Toyota has relocated the cat to the engine bay which means that someone will have to open your car and pop the hood if they want to snag it making it harder than a third gen taco. There's also a shot of where the bed meets the cab, this area looks like it will get a lot of grime buildup.
twoholepin.jpeg
Tow Hood.jpeg
threaded holes.jpeg
Hidden Cat.jpeg
Bedside.jpeg
twoholepin.jpeg
Tow Hood.jpeg
threaded holes.jpeg

Last edited:

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
That exhaust is shameful. They could have made it less industrial looking.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
When you get time, could you do full left and right images of the front wheel well to see how much clearance the stock tire size has with steering full left and full right?

Great write up!

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you get time, could you do full left and right images of the front wheel well to see how much clearance the stock tire size has with steering full left and full right?

Great write up!
Great idea, I will try to get them later.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
You mentioned that at highway speeds it doesn't have the same power as the V6 apparently due to the torque curve correct ?
Sponsored