Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
The last 7 of the VIN is the serial number. That is a running count of how many trucks with the same configuration have been built. That means, each configuration has its own serial number. A low production variant could have a very low serial number but a production date after a variant with a higher serial number but much higher production numbers.
Hey Steve, more of a curiosity question. Just got a call that my truck is sitting in Jessup awaiting a local carrier. Would that imply that it was there on hold? In any event, my ass should be in that seat this week!

kefferjoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD OR
I'm really torn. I have a deposit on a 2024 TRD OR Premium MT, it was built in January and has been stuck at the rail depot for the better part of a month and a half with no expected delivery date. The dealer called and told me the could get me in the same truck but with an AT. Not sure if I should wait or pick this truck up....Looks like all MT are on hold with none expected to be built in the pipeline.

Sponsored

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
I have very conflicting reports from my dealer. I asked about another manual OR that was coming in, and I guess it is in QC hold as well. If Steve you care to see if this was built before 2/16 and what the actual date of hold is?

3TYLE5JN1RT008239

They check "everyday" for me, but I caught that it was on possible hold thanks to this thread. All I know is it that it should have been built around 2/1.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I'm really torn. I have a deposit on a 2024 TRD OR Premium MT, it was built in January and has been stuck at the rail depot for the better part of a month and a half with no expected delivery date. The dealer called and told me the could get me in the same truck but with an AT. Not sure if I should wait or pick this truck up....Looks like all MT are on hold with none expected to be built in the pipeline.
You can't get a OR premium in a manual - only the sport comes in a manual

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
o_O Wow! thanks for that .... Canadians getting boned again by Toyota, we are getting screwed!
We got thrown the scraps as usual, it's not surprising. If they weren't such a reliable brand I'd never support it.

One way to look at is is ours is MUCH cheaper than most US models haha

Evanmauk

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
It arrived at the port on 2/12 and is on hold with no release ETA. Due into Fred Anderson Toyota. Southeast Toyota is a private distributor and they show a hold date of 3/29/24 and that's something I have not seen. I don't know if that is a release date or just a target by SET.
Thanks so much!
Sponsored