Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

Gff313

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Could be this:
I was wondering the same thing. But, the hold went into effect all the way back in January. Could Toyota have found this without the real world driving experience. Don’t get me wrong I hope this is something that is getting fixed at the port if it is truly a widespread problem.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I was wondering the same thing. But, the hold went into effect all the way back in January. Could Toyota have found this without the real world driving experience. Don’t get me wrong I hope this is something that is getting fixed at the port if it is truly a widespread problem.
Some holds went on in January, but from what I've read most went on hold on 2/19. I believe the January holds were only for the detachable sway bar. Others were shipping. As an example, my truck didn't leave the factory until 2/20 and never went on hold.

Gff313

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Some holds went on in January, but from what I've read most went on hold on 2/19. I believe the January holds were only for the detachable sway bar. Others were shipping. As an example, my truck didn't leave the factory until 2/20 and never went on hold.
Mine is a Jan 2 build and is a Trd Sport that does not have the detachable sway bar and it went on Qc hold Jan 16th. And is still on hold. So 🤷‍♂️

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Mine is a Jan 2 build and is a Trd Sport that does not have the detachable sway bar and it went on Qc hold Jan 16th. And is still on hold. So 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, who knows. Most I read were around 2/19, but we'll probably never know. Mine is on a train right now to Ohio and was built on 2/13 (OR Premium), left the factory on 2/20, left California on 3/6 and never on hold. I hope it was the ADD issue and I'll never have a problem. It would make sense since all models were being held. If yours is a Sport, you might want to start looking for another allocation since they're shipping again. Sounds like yours is stuck.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine now says " 42 day hold" Trainer Steve seems to think this is just a placeholder and will be released when remedy or repair is done. But either way I continue to wait. Don't be surprised if some of you see this also.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Built 2/14 and NOT on hold. Going to Larry H. Miller Toyota. Due into the dealer next week.
View attachment 10029

Trainer Steve,

Looks like my Tacoma allocation was built on 3/6, I have two VIN's to look into. One was the original phony one and then it switched this morning to another one.

3TYLE5JN8RT08A186

3TYLE5JN6RT013744

Will I be able to track this new VIN?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I was speaking tonight to a service manager from one of the local Toyota dealers that has been a family friend for years. He said he has a friend who's a tech at the local port and they have been working day and night on these held Tacomas. His friend was inspecting/replacing wiring harnesses. Apparently there are 5 different repairs they are doing on these trucks right now. Of course, this is here say but this guy has never lied to us before and we've known him for at least 35 years.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I was speaking tonight to a service manager from one of the local Toyota dealers that has been a family friend for years. He said he has a friend who's a tech at the local port and they have been working day and night on these held Tacomas. His friend was inspecting/replacing wiring harnesses. Apparently there are 5 different repairs they are doing on these trucks right now. Of course, this is here say but this guy has never lied to us before and we've known him for at least 35 years.
If I give you a VIN, can you have your friend talk to his friend, and fix my truck tomorrow? 😁

Seriously though…thanks for the information.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
If I give you a VIN, can you have your friend talk to his friend, and fix my truck tomorrow? 😁

Seriously though…thanks for the information.
I think he's working at a different port if you're in Arkansas :)

It does track with some of the electrical issues we've been seeing.
Sponsored