Sponsored

Suspension: OR vs Sport

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
There's obvious differences but the price for an OR and Sport are about the same. So if the suspension is "better" in the OR what offsets the price and incentivizes purchasing a Sport?
Sponsored

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
For some, perhaps the fake hood scoop?

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Horses for courses. Which course do you want your truck for? “Best” as you put it, is subjective. I said this in a thread yesterday. What has better suspension, a Peterbilt or a Ferrari?

OP
OP
hoodouken

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess a better way to phrase the question is if the OR gets better suspension, locker etc what does the Sport get for roughly the same price?

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
I guess a better way to phrase the question is if the OR gets better suspension, locker etc what does the Sport get for roughly the same price?
Does the Off-road have “better” suspension or just different suspension.

Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT

The hood scoop and hood looks like a winner for this model, turns heads on 2-lane roads all of the time. More positive comments of the chiseled hood and how it looks great.

I happen to have 4.30 gears in the rear 9.5" axle with my TRD Sport because I have the 6MT, so those are off-road gearing and folks with even full-size trucks raise their eyebrows when I tell them I may have just a spooled 4-banger, but I have lower gearing than their full-size truck.

They do not like that...

stk0308

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Dodge Dakota Big Horn
The Sport has street tuned suspension, no rear locker, no crawl control or descent control. If those last 3 are important to you for off road use, then get the Off-Road model. You can also option to add Stabilizer Disconnect Mechanism (SDM) to the OR, but not the Sport.

OP
OP
hoodouken

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Sport has street tuned suspension, no rear locker, no crawl control or descent control. If those last 3 are important to you for off road use, then get the Off-Road model. You can also option to add Stabilizer Disconnect Mechanism (SDM) to the OR, but not the Sport.
Boom! Good info. It does seem as though the off-road natively comes with more options.

W0xie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4x4
I purchased a sport after test driving an OR model. The Sport suspension is tighter tuned. Definitely not as ‘plush’ as the OR.
Sponsored