Sponsored

Instrument Cluster Set Up (Changes On Its Own)

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
If the same software developers coded the safety sense features, makes you wonder what bugs might be in there ;) Dumb question- presuming there are bugs in the dash display or the infotainment system, how are software updates provided? Is that something that you have to go to the dealer for? Is it something you just have to live with?
I saw on the Toyota app that you can do OTA software updates. I’m not sure though if that’s just for the infotainment only or for both. My wife has a Kia and it’s got a digital cluster and they had to the software update at the dealer. Toyota could be different though. Not sure.
Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
If the same software developers coded the safety sense features, makes you wonder what bugs might be in there ;) Dumb question- presuming there are bugs in the dash display or the infotainment system, how are software updates provided? Is that something that you have to go to the dealer for? Is it something you just have to live with?
I’m guessing that some may be over the air updates for the simple stuff. I sure hope so as I don’t plan to ever visit the dealer after my two free oil changes.

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
I’m guessing that some may be over the air updates for the simple stuff. I sure hope so as I don’t plan to ever visit the dealer after my two free oil changes.
I have the same issue keeping tire pressure displayed. Has anyone found a solution?

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I can't figure out everything on it. The manual is worthless! Just pictures, no instructions. Where do I get more information? Toyota says the manual.

Sponsored

FJTaco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trd off road premium
I posted this to another similar thread but I will post again here. I have found that if you make changes to the display with the power on but the engine off, then turn it off again before actually starting the truck the changes stay

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I posted this to another similar thread but I will post again here. I have found that if you make changes to the display with the power on but the engine off, then turn it off again before actually starting the truck the changes stay
I will try this out.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I saw a pic of the dash one time with a compass on the right dial. Can't find how to do that.

Sponsored

zakmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I'm starting to think it might be related to something with the whole "loading your profile" message you see when first turning on the truck.
Doing this while not starting up might be the default profile?
Will definitely try this fix.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I'm starting to think it might be related to something with the whole "loading your profile" message you see when first turning on the truck.
Doing this while not starting up might be the default profile?
Will definitely try this fix.
I tried this method a couple times..no success.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
Mine used to change a lot, not very often any more... what seemed to work for me is when I got the displays I liked I would hold the ok button down as if I wanted to make a change, but I didn't actually make the change, just hit the back button like I was done

Bronze4x4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Following, my 2nd page right side TPMS keeps changing to something else.
Sponsored