Sponsored

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I hear you univurshul, as an off-roader myself. Hopefully it will covered under warranty, but I can see Toyota becoming stubborn.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Exactly the reason I have a Land Cruiser in the queue. Made in Japan.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Which plant was your Tacoma built at? The Tijuana plant is new and that could be the source of the problem. I also questioned the new design when I first saw it, so it could also be poor engineering. Considering what the 4th gens cost there is no excuse for either poor build quality or engineering.

Are they giving you something to drive while you wait, since they said it could take a while to get parts? At least they are not trying to sleaze out of the warranty coverage.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Which plant was your Tacoma built at? The Tijuana plant is new and that could be the source of the problem. I also questioned the new design when I first saw it, so it could also be poor engineering. Considering what the 4th gens cost there is no excuse for either poor build quality or engineering.

Are they giving you something to drive while you wait, since they said it could take a while to get parts? At least they are not trying to sleaze out of the warranty coverage.
Iā€™m sure the plant isnā€™t the source of the issue, the shock didnā€™t come loose, it just straight up failed, are the shocks made by Toyota?

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
This doesnā€™t look like an assembly error. Iā€™m pretty sure these components are sourced from a factory somewhere else.

EDIT: SnowmanJPS beat me to it

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Yes, I am pretty sure you are both correct @SnowmanJPS and @Taco Azul.

It looks like the failure of a poorly made component to me also, and it probably was not made by Toyota. But they own these failures anyway and I hope they are working to address the problem.

It is hard to imagine bashing through the desert at high speed on such a poorly made suspension.
Sponsored