Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Every car I have ever owned always has a ”mpg” thread. They are some good entertainment. People get and post stuff all over the board. Calculate a bunch of different ways or don’t calculate and post what the car/truck tells them. Hard to believe sometimes the same car/truck claimed to be driven the same can vary by sometimes 15 mpg. I never really pay much attention to the data in a decision to buy or not buy but it sure makes good entertainment.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@goin2drt I agree. Before displays shoved mpg data in your face I never even checked my mileage in my cars/trucks. I have watched those threads for a lot of vehicles and they at least are funny!

I have never really understood the purpose of doing that. If it gets a bit less than you expected are you going to lose thousands of dollars by selling it and buying something else?

Duppypog

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid AWD
My Canadian Limited AWD Hybrid so far is 8.8l/100 which is 27 mpg US or 32 imp gal. That is 70% highway balance city, any where from 55 to 65 mph. 90 to 105 kph on highway.

power is great by the way. WCP and was told it was only one in Western Canada like it so far

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I’ve done a variety of driving in my TH for the first 500 miles, including about 30 miles off road. I’m getting about 18.5 so far.
As my mileage continues, this seems about inline with what we are seeing. 18.2 to 18.5. Disappointing.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
As my mileage continues, this seems about inline with what we are seeing. 18.2 to 18.5. Disappointing.
I’m now over 19 mpg with more miles on it. I’m convinced if you primarily drove down flat country roads you would see 25-30 mpg. Hills, starting and stopping and driving over 70mph takes a heavy toll on mpg.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I’m now over 19 mpg with more miles on it. I’m convinced if you primarily drove down flat country roads you would see 25-30 mpg. Hills, starting and stopping and driving over 70mph takes a heavy toll on mpg.
I'm hoping so, but now that we're past the breakin miles- it's camper trailer time, long highway drives time- and my wife drives like a banshee- so im prepared for much worse before it gets better.

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Finally took my truck on the Interstate (75mph) and, sure enough, the mpg dropped a lot.
295 mi on country highway through the mountains (Show Low AZ to Prescott, then fill up in Chino Valley) got 24.9 mpg.
Back to Show Low by way of Flagstaff. 232 mi (141 on I40 @75mph) 21.7 mpg.
Done checking until after I get my camper shell on, and I go see the kids in CA.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
2024 Tacoma Real-Life MPG Thread - Share Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen's Gas Mileage! ⛽ mpg1

Adding as much of a summary as I'll probably ever bother with in regards to fuel economy. My TRD OR, non-hybrid, no modifications that would impact fuel economy, has been getting way better fuel economy than I expected, and that's good enough for me. The trip home from the dealer was roughly 400 miles and I averaged 26.5mpg, mostly staying off the interstate and very mixed driving, testing out the three driving modes but mostly staying in Eco or Normal. The image above is from another recent trip of very mixed driving, small hills, winding roads, driving through a few small towns.

I finished my first tank that I manually calculated the fuel economy, it was 23.8 for the tank. That included a full hour of idling because I was putting on seat covers when the temp outside was 93 and I was running the air conditioner full blast trying to keep from sweating all over everything. It also included a good bit of off-road driving with some steep hill climbs, including a little bit in 4WD.

I'm taking advantage of the great fuel economy, driving conservatively when traffic kind of forces that, and that makes a difference. I've done 31mpg for trips of 40-50 miles on flat roads, even with varying speeds. Most of the time I'm in the 22-26mpg range, worse if it's really city driving from light to light and no driving in the 45mph or higher range, and better if I'm able to do a constant 55-65mph. Haven't tested much at 70+ yet, just coming up on 1K.

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Just got 21 mpg on cruise at 80 from Austin the Dallas. Then with this 500 lb motorcycle in the back I got 19 from Dallas to Houston. Then 20ish (forgot to reset) from Houston to Austin.

2024 Tacoma Real-Life MPG Thread - Share Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen's Gas Mileage! ⛽ IMG_1660

Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another tank. 850 miles total odometer and 18.44. Mix of city and interstate. No faster than 80. Nothing in the truck except my fat a$$.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the last tank was ECO the entire tank. Same mixed driving to include 80 MPH on the interstate. Otherwise drove as about as gingerly as I could without being a safety hazard like the 80 yr olds. Also added a bed cover so not sure if that really made the diff instead of ECO mode. Next tank will be back to normal with the bed cover. This tank was 20.9 MPG

All with the same gas station 87 octane
  1. First few tanks; Normal mode low was 18.4 and high was 19.1
  2. Last tank; ECO mode the entire tank plus bedcover = 20.9 MPG
  3. Next tank: Normal Mode with bed cover.
I think the folks getting north of 21 are just hyper milers, people that use 1 tank a month and going to just get groceries and zero interstate or lastly just don't know how to calculate MPG the correct way. There is no way these are getting 25 MPG in normal driving conditions. Lastly I don't really care as I bought a truck and not an EPA machine so I know I would get less than stated.

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
I think they just drive slower on the highway. Wind resistance goes up by square of speed so the difference between 65mph and 80mph are not negligable.

I cant remember exactly how the EPA tests work but they dont go 80 for it i dont think.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I cant remember exactly how the EPA tests work but they dont go 80 for it i dont think.
I have seen the EPA test speed somewhere but I don't remember what it was. I'm pretty sure it is not 80. Mileage goes down fast as your speed climbs, like you said.

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Just got 21 mpg on cruise at 80 from Austin the Dallas. Then with this 500 lb motorcycle in the back I got 19 from Dallas to Houston. Then 20ish (forgot to reset) from Houston to Austin.

IMG_1660.jpeg
What are you using for a ramp? Readyramps are sold out for a long time, and I need to haul and load an almost identically sized bike.
Sponsored