6mt_Bruhnz_OR

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma
Hey folks,

I’ve been modding vehicles for about 25 years now, but haven’t been part of a forum for the last 15. Got married, had 2 kids, and my hobby got placed on the back burner. I’ve owned a couple of X-runners in the past, but other than that, just cars (‘19 STi, ‘97 NSX, ‘02 Celica, ‘95 Accord). So this is my first vehicle that I’m not lowering!

I had planned to buy a ‘24 taco from the moment I found out about the redesign. Ordered a 6mt OR back in Sept, and finally took delivery the first week of April at one of the dealerships on Oahu. I miss the community feel of a forum where people share their excitement for what they’ve purchased, as well as the sharing of knowledge and ideas, so I finally decided to join another forum (or two). I look forward to learning from you all in the coming months and years.

Mods:
18x9 +0 Volk TE37 Progressive 2
305/65/18 BFG KO3 tires
ReadyLift 1.5" spacer
OEM stuff:
Trailhunter bronze grille
TRD skid plate
TRD aluminum running boards
OEM tri-fold bed cover

2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_9985
2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_1801
Sponsored

Last edited:

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Love the look of those rims! How do like the shifting? I am at 2200 miles and eco with imt is my preferred setting for normal running around. I have also been using the premium octane gas. Curious to hear your preference on drive modes. And doesn’t it feel so good to row those gears! Welcome and that truck looks fresh!

OP
OP
6mt_Bruhnz_OR

6mt_Bruhnz_OR

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma
Nice truck! What are the specs on your tires and wheels? Leveling kit?
Thanks! 18x9 +0 w/ 305/65 KO3s. Yup, just the Ready Lift 1.5" spacer.

Love the look of those rims! How do like the shifting? I am at 2200 miles and eco with imt is my preferred setting for normal running around. I have also been using the premium octane gas. Curious to hear your preference on drive modes. And doesn’t it feel so good to row those gears! Welcome and that truck looks fresh!
Thanks, I looove shifting. I've only owned m/t vehicles so I wouldn't have it any other way haha. I actually haven't tried playing around with any of the drive modes yet...I'm at around 1,500 miles. I'll have to try imt sometime! I was getting 22.2 mpg prior to the wheel/tires install...now I'm down about 1 mpg avg for a month on 87 octane. But the ride is nice and smooth. Still feels stock. I gotta say that Toyota definitely did a solid with the suspension improvements compared to the feel of the 3rd gen.

Sponsored

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Any trimming or modifications besides the lift to fit the wheels? I've been eyeing Rays/Volks but the normal fitments for 3rd gens and 17s were a no go because of the poke and difference in offsets. Thinking about gram lights now...

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Looks good can you post more pics of the front... Wanna see the grill Im trying to decide between trailhunter and pro grill for my OR

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Man. I’m struggling with wheel choice. My offset I want and color seems to be a hard combo of options. These 18s are bigger than I wanted but they do look damn good. Means I’d get close to my offset and color combo.

tptpgogogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Hey folks,

I’ve been modding vehicles for about 25 years now, but haven’t been part of a forum for the last 15. Got married, had 2 kids, and my hobby got placed on the back burner. I’ve owned a couple of X-runners in the past, but other than that, just cars (‘19 STi, ‘97 NSX, ‘02 Celica, ‘95 Accord). So this is my first vehicle that I’m not lowering!

I had planned to buy a ‘24 taco from the moment I found out about the redesign. Ordered a 6mt OR back in Sept, and finally took delivery the first week of April at one of the dealerships on Oahu. I miss the community feel of a forum where people share their excitement for what they’ve purchased, as well as the sharing of knowledge and ideas, so I finally decided to join another forum (or two). I look forward to learning from you all in the coming months and years.

Mods:
305/65/18 BFG KO3 tires
ReadyLift 1.5" spacer
OEM stuff:
TRD skid plate
OEM tri-fold bed cover

IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg
Hell yeah bro, 808 stand up!

OP
OP
6mt_Bruhnz_OR

6mt_Bruhnz_OR

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma
Any trimming or modifications besides the lift to fit the wheels? I've been eyeing Rays/Volks but the normal fitments for 3rd gens and 17s were a no go because of the poke and difference in offsets. Thinking about gram lights now...
A few minor things were done for clearance. The back plate on the bottom inside was removed, some of the lower fender liner was folded under itself, and the bottom part of the front bumper was trimmed a little. Nothing super obvious, and the liner can be unfolded and re-bolted later if, for some reason, I ever choose to put the stocks back on. Posted a few pics so you can see.

The main issue was the 0 offset. The shop I went to had slapped 295/75/18 Baja bosses on a 4th gen that required less trimming, but the wheels were +18. Unfortunately with Rays/Volk, options are limited as you’ve stated.

2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_2117

2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_2119

2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_2120

Sponsored

Tacocho

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a 4th Gen taco soon.
Hey folks,

Mods:
305/65/18 BFG KO3 tires
ReadyLift 1.5" spacer
OEM stuff:
TRD skid plate
OEM tri-fold bed cover

IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg
Sick ass truck and wheels! I also come from lowered cars and this will be my first truck. Putting TE37XTs on mine

OP
OP
6mt_Bruhnz_OR

6mt_Bruhnz_OR

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma
Looks good can you post more pics of the front... Wanna see the grill Im trying to decide between trailhunter and pro grill for my OR
I’ve only taken a few so far…it looks so naked right now until I get a light bar and front camera mounted! But here’s a couple more.

I got a chance to see the Pro grille in person on another local OR. The gloss black and silver lettering look really good. But the owner was bemoaning the fact that the gloss didn’t match fenders. So maybe the TH one would be more ideal for you. I don’t think the bronze lettering would clash with too many of the paint colors for our truck.

2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_1726
2024 Tacoma New member.  KO3 Tires + Spacer Lift So Far IMG_1802

Reactions: Kjc

Tacocho

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a 4th Gen taco soon.
Hey folks,

Mods:
305/65/18 BFG KO3 tires
ReadyLift 1.5" spacer
OEM stuff:
TRD skid plate
OEM tri-fold bed cover

IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg
How much different does the clutch engagement and power feel with the extra weight and size?

OP
OP
6mt_Bruhnz_OR

6mt_Bruhnz_OR

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma
How much different does the clutch engagement and power feel with the extra weight and size?
I haven’t felt any difference in clutch engagement. Even acceleration hasn’t changed. However, there is one long hill that I climb heading home from work, and when the truck was stock, I could keep it in 5th with no lagging. After the wheel and tires were swapped, I feel like 4th is better even if it revs up to about 3k. I figure less boosting in 5th gear, though it can work, might be better on mileage? Who knows.

I will say that the most noticeable change for me has been braking, however. I definitely need to apply the brakes a bit firmer or earlier than before. The stock 17” TRD OR wheels with the 265/70 tires weighed 64 lbs on a scale I used. Supposedly the 305/65/18 KO3s are 66 lbs, plus another 19 or 20 for the TE37s. So the extra 22 lbs (30% increase) or so at each corner will understandably make those pads wear a bit sooner.
Sponsored