Sponsored

Tacocho

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a 4th Gen taco soon.
I haven’t felt any difference in clutch engagement. Even acceleration hasn’t changed. However, there is one long hill that I climb heading home from work, and when the truck was stock, I could keep it in 5th with no lagging. After the wheel and tires were swapped, I feel like 4th is better even if it revs up to about 3k. I figure less boosting in 5th gear, though it can work, might be better on mileage? Who knows.

I will say that the most noticeable change for me has been braking, however. I definitely need to apply the brakes a bit firmer or earlier than before. The stock 17” TRD OR wheels with the 265/70 tires weighed 64 lbs on a scale I used. Supposedly the 305/65/18 KO3s are 66 lbs, plus another 19 or 20 for the TE37s. So the extra 22 lbs (30% increase) or so at each corner will understandably make those pads wear a bit sooner.
Thanks for this info bro! I’m also wanting a manual TRD-offroad and plan on doing TE37XTs with 285/70 or 285/75, but preferably the 285/75. I’m leaning towards 285/75 Toyo AT3s which would make setup around 80 lbs total. Was curious how the manual trans handles the power but sounds like it does just fine based on your experience!

How’s the gas mileage been?
Sponsored