Anyone Install Seat Covers?

JCNFLA

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD SPORT
Has anyone gotten new seat covers on the new Tacoma if so can you tell me what kind and how they feel and look
Sponsored

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
I got "Cover dream" from Amazon they are part of the EKR company.... For fake leather and $200 bucks I think they look good... Definitely some hard parts of installation...but worth it to cover the cloth seats... This wasn't the end result I did pull in some loose parts

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I bought and returned seat covers from Rough Country back in June.
I have ones from EKR coming this week. Mine were custom to the 2024 Tacoma. I ordered front and back. Faux leather.
will install them asap and report back. Hoping they work better than the rough country did for me.
I could be wrong but it seemed like the rough country ones I received were made for the non electronic seats. I’ve also read that they’ve had issues and have had to made some modifications so maybe they are better now.
But I’ll report back on EKRs and definitely open to any other suggestions.

robfultz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
I have installed EKR leather complete set. They turned out great. They have a zipper that helps during the installation but help the zipper along when closing.
I would recommend, but take your time.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Try searching for “seat covers” here. There’s a ton of useful info on different brands and installations. I installed the Neoprene covers from CoverKing. Not the cheapest, but if you have a Costco membership, they’re reasonably priced and not too difficult to put on. They’re nice if you are worried about spills or pet messes cause they’re basically waterproof.

Sponsored

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I have installed EKR leather complete set. They turned out great. They have a zipper that helps during the installation but help the zipper along when closing.
Are your seats electric? Both my front seats have electronics underneath. OR with basic upgrade package.

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
I have the RC ones and I have the hybrid model they do the trick just fine. Not the easiest to get strapped but not hard by any means. I do have to take my drive one off and have the truck looked at for the heated seat not shutting off.

Otherwise I really like the look finish and feel of the RC

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I have the RC ones and I have the hybrid model they do the trick just fine. Not the easiest to get strapped but not hard by any means. I do have to take my drive one off and have the truck looked at for the heated seat not shutting off.

Otherwise I really like the look finish and feel of the RC
I think the rough country ones I was sent were defective (missing straps and flaps). That being said I watched the EKR install video last night and it seems very doable. I’ll find out today!

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Would you be willing to take pictures? Specifically of the smaller of the two back seats where the back portion tucks under around the seatbelt?

I received my rears yesterday and installed them. The split seat turned out perfect other than one hole being cut a little out of place. But the non-split side seems like the fabric was cut wrong for me. Had my brother take a look and he wasn’t able to get it any better. As the other side turned out perfect I’m inclined to think it isn’t user error.

trying to decide if it’s worth keeping overall despite the one area of poor fit or if I should just suck it up, accept the defect and avoid re-installing or trying another brand. If they were $150 for the full set it would be a no brainer, but for $300 I want it to fit right.

Fronts arrive Saturday for me. Hope the fronts fit like the double seat in the rear.

Sponsored

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
I bought and returned seat covers from Rough Country back in June.
I have ones from EKR coming this week. Mine were custom to the 2024 Tacoma. I ordered front and back. Faux leather.
will install them asap and report back. Hoping they work better than the rough country did for me.
I could be wrong but it seemed like the rough country ones I received were made for the non electronic seats. I’ve also read that they’ve had issues and have had to made some modifications so maybe they are better now.
But I’ll report back on EKRs and definitely open to any other suggestions.
My rough country’s were so hard to put on. The electrical components under the seat made it tough.

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
My rough country’s were so hard to put on. The electrical components under the seat made it tough.
Mine were actually fabricated wrong. I found out after I sent them back. From what I hear the issue has been fixed and they work okay now.

TheBandit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR 6MT 4x4
I got the these EKR Covers about a month ago. Really satisfied so far. They went on pretty snug, but they do not sit flat against the seat unless there’s weight on them. That’s the only downside so far. And maybe that they show water or any spills, but then they’re super super easy to wipe down

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Here are some pictures from immediately after install (I put two of the head covers on the wrong ones). The creases were just from shipping, and worked their way out after a day or two:
Thanks so much for these. My front seats arrive today. A question when you have time.
Like I said, overall the back seats fit well but I cannot get this highlighted (from your picture) area to seat properly the way it did on the two seat side. Did you do anything different or special to get it to look as good as yours does? Overall mine look the same except this one area.
I’ll take actual pictures of mine a little later so you can see what I mean. Thanks again!

2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? IMG_3875
Sponsored