Sponsored

Is the 4th gen Shark Fin just for satellite radio?

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Can you not add something under the camper to raise it up..not sure how much is needed
Sponsored

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
Can you not add something under the camper to raise it up..not sure how much is needed
I could, but that unnecessarily raises the center of gravity of the vehicle and camper. Campers are already quite a heavy load for mid-sized trucks so keeping the CG low is very helpful.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
So it’s obvious the manufacturers don’t have a clue how tall they should make them..you would think when they first start doing R+D that they would take the correct measurements in order to correctly build a product that actually works

Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
The Kimbo was designed around earlier Tacoma models. The 2024 has a higher cab from bed height, and has the roof shark fin. I am already going to have to put a spacer under it to accommodate, even without the fin. The fin gotta go!

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I was re-routing cameras today and snapped a pic of the shark fin hardware inside the roof. From this side, not much to it. Somebody should be able to blank this. Question begs where you move the antenna.

I actually welcome the additional topper height on my GFC / definitely anticipating a spoiler of some kind via CaliRaised’s rack/light bar combo or maybe GFC expands on the R1T spoiler for other trucks.

2024 Tacoma Is the 4th gen Shark Fin just for satellite radio? IMG_6744
Sponsored

Last edited: