RCI Rock Sliders installed

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Ordered July 4th received them Aug 26th. Just shy of 8 weeks, they clearly state expect 10-12 weeks. Stout to say the least 75lbs per side with top plates! Everything lined up except 1 bolt hole.. Had to step bit about an 1/8 of an inch. Passenger side bottom rear. Their installation instructions are all you need and maybe a step bit? Total time to install was about 1 1/2 hours solo.
IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Ordered July 4th received them Aug 26th. Just shy of 8 weeks, they clearly state expect 10-12 weeks. Stout to say the least 75lbs per side with top plates! Everything lined up except 1 bolt hole.. Had to step bit about an 1/8 of an inch. Passenger side bottom rear. Their installation instructions are all you need and maybe a step bit? Total time to install was about 1 1/2 hours solo.
IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
Very clean looking rock sliders on your Taco. This pic just convinced me to order a set.

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
Is there enough room when you open the door to utilize this as a step? Can you take a photo of what it looks like with the door open? (Looking down) Thanks MT

OP
OP

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Is there enough room when you open the door to utilize this as a step? Can you take a photo of what it looks like with the door open? (Looking down) Thanks MT
That’s why I bought the 5 degree. There’s is about 5-6 inches.

IMG_5607.jpeg

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Thanks for posting the pictures @MT-Taco. They look good and I love the protection in a parking lot as well as on a trail. I think that there will be a lot of the Pro rocker protectors being sold soon.

I ordered mine about a week ago and the wait begins. :)

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TacoFreak officially took delivery of my TRD PRO and this truck has 100% exceeded my expectations in all categories. It’s so badass in person and the truck drives + shifts smoothly. Just installed the floor mats I ordered and gonna put on a protective screen as well. Did your PRO come with the JBL speaker? My speaker is missing and I’m not sure if it’s a standard feature

IMG_8163.jpeg

IMG_8164.jpeg

IMG_8165.jpeg

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TacoFreak officially took delivery of my TRD PRO and this truck has 100% exceeded my expectations in all categories. It’s so badass in person and the truck drives + shifts smoothly. Just installed the floor mats I ordered and gonna put on a protective screen as well. Did your PRO come with the JBL speaker? My speaker is missing and I’m not sure if it’s a standard feature
Your truck looks beautiful - Congrats! I can't stop going out to look at mine and you are right, it looks badass and drives like a dream.

My truck has the JBL speaker and yes, it is standard. You need to follow up with your dealer on that, but on the bright side, some people think it sounds better without it. lol A screen protector makes sense, but I haven't done anything about that yet, but probably should.

Enjoy that bad boy!

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your truck looks beautiful - Congrats! I can't stop going out to look at mine and you are right, it looks badass and drives like a dream.

My truck has the JBL speaker and yes, it is standard. You need to follow up with your dealer on that, but on the bright side, some people think it sounds better without it. lol A screen protector makes sense, but I haven't done anything about that yet, but probably should.

Enjoy that bad boy!
Found my JBL speaker was sitting behind the back seat! @TacoFreak this truck is phenomenal and was absolutely worth the crazy wait! Has RCI messaged you or anything about those rock sliders? I did get a confirmation on my order but now the waiting game begins again haha. I’m expecting 6-8 weeks hopefully sooner

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@YourOnlineHero glad the speaker was there - is your seat air pump in the glove box?

I agree about the truck. I have driven a lot of different trucks and this is the nicest one so far for me. I also agree about the wait being worth it. I have an appointment for PPF install in about 10 days.

Nothing from RCI except a confirmation. Shops like that usually fab these after you order, so I understand the wait. I have checked on their website but it just showed as processing and probably will until it ships.

Sponsored

jdmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Ordered mine on May 16 and barely got the notification to pick them up last week. It's crazy how long the lead time is but I hope it's worth the wait! They probably messed up and gave my sliders to someone else.

Also got full aluminum skid plates from them (apart from gas tank) and it's nice!

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
That’s why I bought the 5 degree. There’s is about 5-6 inches.

IMG_5607.jpeg
Can you try and show a view down from above while the door is closed to show how much further than the door they stick out? I’m planing on getting these for my pro someday