Sponsored

Seat Belt Scarring Side Panel

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
So I've noticed that my seat belt is scarring the side panel. Has anybody else noticed this? Or how to prevent it or something to put over that panel that would reduce the wear?

2024 Tacoma Seat Belt Scarring Side Panel 20240924_155022
Sponsored

OP
OP
maxx075

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Not being a smart ass but are you just letting go of it?
I always unbuckle and keep tension until the belt is retracted
More so when getting in the truck than when getting out. It seems to catch on the side panel and just scratches when I put it on.

Sponsored

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
FWIW I got my driver's side tinted a second time. There was marring on the tint and I think it was from letting go of the seat belt a few times. Now I'm particular about holding onto the seat belt until the tension is gone. Something I haven't had to think about with prior vehicles but not a big deal.

WDBGR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
More so when getting in the truck than when getting out. It seems to catch on the side panel and just scratches when I put it on.
The Toyota seat belts seem to be a little “snappy”. I had a 5th Gen 4Runner and the seat belt retracted with enough speed to chip my window tint. Also, this was a passenger😂.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The seat belt on my Tundra was designed to keep the metal part of the belt away from the trim. If I put it back the way it was designed it never caused a problem. But when it was turned 180 degrees it could scratch the trim.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
Same it's when I get in the truck, when I grab the buckle it scrapes the panel - wife says the same thing too. The space between the seat and panel is tighter than most vehicles is what's going on. Just have to be mindful of it.

TX-BluStreak

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
@maxx075 I think I saw something late one night while scrolling through Instagram Reels or Facebook. But now when I want to find it...I can't. 🤦‍♂️ But I believe it looks similar to this; comes in a variety of different colors, logos, etc.

2024 Tacoma Seat Belt Scarring Side Panel ScreenHunter 2008

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
maxx075

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
@maxx075 I think I saw something late one night while scrolling through Instagram Reels or Facebook. But now when I want to find it...I can't. 🤦‍♂️ But I believe it looks similar to this; comes in a variety of different colors, logos, etc.

ScreenHunter 2008.jpg
Thanks! I'll definitely look into this!