Sponsored

Heads-Up Display (HUD) on 2024 Tacoma - Like/Dislike?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My last truck had several displays that you could not read with polarized glasses. I have one pair for out on the water where glare is a problem but my others are not polarized for just that reason.
Sponsored

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I noticed a feature in google maps the other day when it identified the location of a speed trap as i approached.
Then later i reported the location of a speed trap. Theres a button on the right side of the screen to report traffic problems - speed trap is one of them

Edit - looks like apple maps does too. Might be time for me to switch
This is from Google swallowing up Waze- they brought this feature up from waze, where it was kind of the whole point, and have been slowly integrating it into google.

B-52 Gunner

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I like the HUD on my PRO but whish it had more view options like my Gen 5 Camaro had.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Can someone tell me what it took to get the turn by turn to display on the HUD and instrument center?

Specially, I'm trying to use it with Android Auto and Google Maps (in case we enter the land of corner cases).

My phone is paired and in a Toyota profile that gets recognized when I get it (paired to physical fob, not digital key). I have the HUD set to "full information" with "driver support" turned on. I have my instrument settings for center cluster being "driver support". I have NOT activated Toyota Connected Services yet. The connection to the truck is wireless.

Anyone else having an issue?
Anyone successful that can share their full setup?
Did you have to enable Connected Services first?

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Can someone tell me what it took to get the turn by turn to display on the HUD and instrument center?

Specially, I'm trying to use it with Android Auto and Google Maps (in case we enter the land of corner cases).

My phone is paired and in a Toyota profile that gets recognized when I get it (paired to physical fob, not digital key). I have the HUD set to "full information" with "driver support" turned on. I have my instrument settings for center cluster being "driver support". I have NOT activated Toyota Connected Services yet. The connection to the truck is wireless.

Anyone else having an issue?
Anyone successful that can share their full setup?
Did you have to enable Connected Services first?
Turn by turn in the HUD only works with the factory Nav. All those settings you mentioned are for the factory system and have no effect on IOS/Android devices.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I get HUD nav prompts in my truck when using Apple maps on my iPhone. I still haven't sorted out the various settings and I haven't changed anything. I haven't tried it with Google maps, because lately I have found Apple maps to be more accurate.

Now if I could figure out how to keep my bluetooth phone connection stable I would be set.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I get HUD nav prompts in my truck when using Apple maps on my iPhone. I still haven't sorted out the various settings and I haven't changed anything. I haven't tried it with Google maps, because lately I have found Apple maps to be more accurate.

Now if I could figure out how to keep my bluetooth phone connection stable I would be set.
Interesting. I never tried it with Apple Maps, I don't like the cartoonish graphics. Google maps definitely doesn't work.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Interesting. I never tried it with Apple Maps, I don't like the cartoonish graphics. Google maps definitely doesn't work.
Yeah, the graphics are strange, but the navigation is excellent. I used Google maps for years, but it has misdirected me too many times and I switched to Apple maps, which has improved a lot over time.
Sponsored