Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Truck Cap / Camper Shell Market Survey!

TRUMGETA

ELITE Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Dear Tacoma Owners,

We're developing a truck cap camper shell for 2024+ Tacoma and need your input! We want to hear from YOU!

Share your thoughts on the truck cap camper shell:
  • Are you interested in this product?
  • Do you like the design?
  • What's your ideal price point?
  • Would you consider purchasing it?

Your insights will help us shape a product that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations. Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Thank you for your time and feedback!

57d6ed440b796179052b3d9f63044f1(1).jpg

d518da446ee97130ad8d3e56b6621ee(1).jpg
Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Quality, weight & freight would be my concerns. Freight to ship something so large from China would likely eat up margin a closer maker could use for quality control. My experience with buying direct from China is at times poor quality so a warranty claim for something this big could be a big risk. I'd want a known good dealer network for a substantial purchase when the item is made of Chinesium. For little money or bother I'll gamble on stuff made in China. Expensive stuff needs a good support or dealer network.

OlafTheNork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Pro
Yes I do like the design and am interested. I do agree w/bitflogger's comments, especially the availability of warranty support and dealer network.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
You need to change the design like Smartcap did and ensure the digital rearview mirror works through the cap.

And I don't think the door will open very high with that spoiler.
Vp3pl1i.jpg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TRD Off-Road
Something that's important to me is having a sliding side window that a dog can look out of without the danger of jumping through. Also, Someone needs to develop a bed camper with windows on the side panels. Currently I haven't found a single manufacturer that offers this. It's a very easy and simple addition.

Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
In the market now and shopping.
For me I’m looking for
1- paint to match. IMO/for this build it looks cleaner and more stock.

2- window doors (windoors) that fold up. I have a longbed and want to be able to reach stuff with out opening the tailgate and climbing in.

3- access to the back glass so everything can be cleaned easily.

4- I’m looking to move my cameras on my premium. I have the rear view camera as well as the bed camera. At least give extra space for these option in the future when kits are available.

5- the fitment is important. The ARE topper fit the best at the cab. Looks clean and stock. The Smart Cap (imo) doesn’t. It’s boxy and has what looks like a reducer at the cab to make it “fit” well. I like the Smart caps side doors the most and had they had better fitment and paint to match I would absolutely go with them. ARE will probably be my answer.

Hope this helps.
IMG_2134.jpeg
IMG_2209.jpeg

Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Great. Glad you’re happy. I don’t like it.
Sponsored