Sponsored

Frozen Tailgate After Snow

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Probably should be a new thread. Anyone one with a Trailhunter, does it have heated glass for the wipers?
USA Trailhunter here- I don't have any elements in the window as shown in the picture above, so I'm going to guess not installed.
Sponsored

tnjwinters

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
To bad as its a nice feature. I wasn't expecting it though. I pick up my Trailhunter tomorrow afternoon so I'll verify on it.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
To bad as its a nice feature. I wasn't expecting it though. I pick up my Trailhunter tomorrow afternoon so I'll verify on it.
I agree. I drive a lot in the mountain west, even though I live in Chattanooga, and heavy now and ice is not out of the picture. Wish we got the option.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
My Limited has the wiper melt lines.

Great feature but wouldn't it make more sense to have it activated by the Windshield Defogger switch instead of rear window defogger ?

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
Does the limited come with heated outside mirrors? Can't find any mention of it nor the wiper defroster on the site

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I tried to look at the windshield in my Pro today, but out in full sun I couldn't see anything. I think it has heated mirrors, but not really sure. Toyota and a lot of other companies have linked the windshield heat to the mirrors and rear window for a long time.

@evlfred I have never found a good source for information about stuff like that either in the manual or on Toyota's website. The best info usually comes from other forum members.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Can’t speak for all the THs but my TH (USA) has the wiper defroster in the glass. In full sun glare can totally see it but difficult to photograph

2024 Tacoma Frozen Tailgate After Snow IMG_6953

tnjwinters

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Great news. There is hope. I'll know for sure in less than 24 hours.
Sponsored