Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Premium
Thanks for posting this to help make it a little more clear for the rest of us. I just received my Rigid D-SS Pro Floods, and looking to wire them up to the AUX switch on my trailhunter. The wiring harness that comes with the Rigid lights has an inline 15A fuse, so my thought would be to cut out that section and just wire directly to the Toyota pigtail, using the black wire and hooked up to AUX 1. I don't need to run the power/ground wires from the Rigid harness to battery or anything right? - just wire them directly into the pigtail, accordingly? It almost seems too easy.
Yep exactly. I didnā€™t include any inline fuses. Depending what wire you use, it will function with aux1/2/3
Sponsored

wolfpackwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Well that sure was almost too easy. It IS a little confusing because the thicker white wire is actually the ground, and the smaller black wire is the 15A power wire; had to be careful to not reverse them. But once wired up, worked like cake. I loomed and heat shrunk my own harness as well. Just waiting on the brackets to show up this weekend and we'll be good to go. Thanks again for posting this.

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails Wire1
2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails Wire2
2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails Wire3

OP
OP
Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off-Road Premium
I installed mine this weekend. Those OEM aux ports are great!

20241026_134048~2.jpg

20241026_134055.jpg

20241026_144237~3.jpg
Looking great. So much easier than fishing wire through firewall grommets.

Iā€™m now using all three aux on mine. I have ditch lights, light bar in grille and a rear chase/flood light. If you ever want to run something in the rear, I would use the other harness that connects under the hood. The pigtail that has the extra connector runs power to the aux in the rear by the hitch. I had to take apart and rewire my set up when I wanted to wire in my chase light.

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_0001

2024 Tacoma Ditch light install using factory AUX switch and pigtails IMG_0042

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
If you ever want to run something in the rear, I would use the other harness that connects under the hood. The pigtail that has the extra connector runs power to the aux in the rear by the hitch. I had to take apart and rewire my set up when I wanted to wire in my chase light.
...right, so that pigtail for the engine bay (the one w/the single black wire connects into the engine bay and then the rear is now hot?) I want to get my GFC camper lights running on an aux switch.

Also using the cabin kick plate pigtail tie-in for my rinsekit on the roof. Routing down the roof of the camper, between cab & bulkhead up in through the grommet under the rear seat and under the floor board channel next to that loom on the driver side
Sponsored