2024 Tacoma hitch lock pin size

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
Just an FYI, I have a 2024 Tacoma off road with the stock hitch. The pin diameter is 5/8". It seems like the hitch pin should be 3.5" but my Tacoma hitch requires a 4.0" pin.

First, I tried the standard rhinousa hitch lock which was way too short. I then looked up reviews which that stated the 2022+ tundras were compatible with the larger "2.5 inch rhinousa hitch lock" which in reality has 3.5" of usable length. The 2.5 inches refers to the receiver size. This was a barely too short for the lock to engage and had to be returned.

In the end, I needed a 5/8" diameter by 4.0" effective usable length pin. It is slightly longer than it needs to be, but fits after trying 2 prior.

I bought this cheap one which doesn't include a safety pin. I'd be interested to hear if someone can fit a 3.75 inch hitch lock.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma hitch lock pin size Screenshot_20240303-175042
Sponsored

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
I remember reading this months ago not really thinking much of it because I didn't understand the issue. When I went to use my locking hitch pin for the first time today I realized the problem... Too short 😂 now I get why the truck includes one from factory.

Thanks for doing the research for us!