2024 Tacoma Limited - Issues

Oppa

First Name
Oppa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Limited
Hi peeps wanted to post several issues/annoyances I have had with my 2024 Tacoma limited and curious if others have had similar experiences.
TAILGATE
This has been a nightmare. Auto tailgate would not close. Dealer replaced support cables worked for a while then stopped going up or down. Dealer cleared an error and waiting on a sensor for replacement. As an aside the pad for tossing a bike over the tailgate forget it makes the software go crazy
Towing
Towed my boat and the towing sensor continued to think I was still towing after trailer was off. Took several rounds of telling the software not towing for it to clear. In addition went from a bike pad on the tailgate to a hitch mount to carry my bike. Even after telling the software I wasnā€™t towing it thought I was and disabled safety features. šŸ¤¦
Parking Brake
This one is annoying. Every time I start the truck I am notified the parking brake is off. In order to clear in you need to hit the return button on the steering wheel for each time starting. I disabled the auto parking brake feature and it still does it ahhhhhh

Other than than I like the truck. Had a 2017, 2020 TRD Pros before this, both purchased new and never had a problem. Oh well.
Sponsored

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
These are not specific to the LIMITED, I have heard of all of them on different trims except the bike blanket thing making everything go crazy is the first I have heard of.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Sounds annoying. My Ram will think theres still a trailer attached for a while after disconnecting. A restart always fixes it. As long as the trailer harness is disconnected.

OP
OP

Oppa

First Name
Oppa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Limited
Sounds annoying. My Ram will think theres still a trailer attached for a while after disconnecting. A restart always fixes it. As long as the trailer harness is disconnected.
Wish it was that easy. Thinks I am towing when I have my bike rack in the receiver with no electronic connection.
These are not specific to the LIMITED, I have heard of all of them on different trims except the bike blanket thing making everything go crazy is the first I have heard of.
Thanks for the response. I didnā€™t think it was just the limited. Wrote to Toyota Headquarters and although they did call me they didnā€™t get it. I said this is not a dealership issue (which is where they went with it) itā€™s a Toyota issue. They offered no answers, solutions on the horizon. They acted like I was the first with is a pile of $&@#

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
The few times I've towed in my 6M Sport+ the trailer issue was a thing for me too, I was only using the 3 prong??? Trailer plug (no brake controller) and it took a bit for the truck to realize I no longer had a trailer connected.

The parking brake is annoying on a 6M too, why in gods green earth they went with an electronic parking brake on a manual is beyond me, one of the dumbest decisions they may have made.

Having to wait for the truck to completey start and the electionic park brake to disengage on top of having to turn on iMT in wanted and my drive mode it's like I'm starting up a 787. Coming to a park is highly annoying too, I've given up engaging the parking brake manually and just started shutting the truck off completely the minute I stop. By the time the engine stops and I let off the clutch in first the parking brake engages.

If there's ever a conversion kit that'll come for these Tacoma's, I'll be the first buyer. First time owning an electronic parking brake and I hate it.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
The towing thing also happens in my Tesla. Usually clears within 24 hours of disconnecting the trailer. Such a weird glitch.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
He said he stopped using the bike blanket and went to a hitch mount.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Wish it was that easy. Thinks I am towing when I have my bike rack in the receiver with no electronic connection.
Yeah - it should be that easy.
I read somewhere that its using blindspot monitoring to detect a trailer. Toyota trying to get cute with tech - should have just stuck with common sense.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
The few times I've towed in my 6M Sport+ the trailer issue was a thing for me too, I was only using the 3 prong??? Trailer plug (no brake controller) and it took a bit for the truck to realize I no longer had a trailer connected.

The parking brake is annoying on a 6M too, why in gods green earth they went with an electronic parking brake on a manual is beyond me, one of the dumbest decisions they may have made.

Having to wait for the truck to completey start and the electionic park brake to disengage on top of having to turn on iMT in wanted and my drive mode it's like I'm starting up a 787. Coming to a park is highly annoying too, I've given up engaging the parking brake manually and just started shutting the truck off completely the minute I stop. By the time the engine stops and I let off the clutch in first the parking brake engages.

If there's ever a conversion kit that'll come for these Tacoma's, I'll be the first buyer. First time owning an electronic parking brake and I hate it.
I test drove one recently (not an MT though) and the parking break auto engaging was so weird. My current vehicle has an electronic parking break and itā€™s been issue free for eight years , but it only engages when I chose to do so. I wonder if thereā€™s a solve for that with one of those obd things like carista to make it only engage when you manually select it etc.

Sayleswm

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma limited
My tailgate is stupid also. Now I have a bed cover and made sure it was shimmed so not to help it fail. Wagon a few others before I go to the dealer and get my abuse.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I just spec'd this new option

Dumb Truck* $14580
Get rid of the software and turn it into a 1981 Hilux
ā€¢ Lack of Nickel chrome plating and any other rust preventative helps ensure superior corrosion.
ā€¢ A carburetor and regular leaded fuel ensure power is well under 90HP
ā€¢ Resistant to any modern day luxury's

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Hi peeps wanted to post several issues/annoyances I have had with my 2024 Tacoma limited and curious if others have had similar experiences.
TAILGATE
This has been a nightmare. Auto tailgate would not close. Dealer replaced support cables worked for a while then stopped going up or down. Dealer cleared an error and waiting on a sensor for replacement. As an aside the pad for tossing a bike over the tailgate forget it makes the software go crazy
Towing
Towed my boat and the towing sensor continued to think I was still towing after trailer was off. Took several rounds of telling the software not towing for it to clear. In addition went from a bike pad on the tailgate to a hitch mount to carry my bike. Even after telling the software I wasnā€™t towing it thought I was and disabled safety features. šŸ¤¦
Parking Brake
This one is annoying. Every time I start the truck I am notified the parking brake is off. In order to clear in you need to hit the return button on the steering wheel for each time starting. I disabled the auto parking brake feature and it still does it ahhhhhh

Other than than I like the truck. Had a 2017, 2020 TRD Pros before this, both purchased new and never had a problem. Oh well.
Good to know, I didn't want the automatic tailgate (for this reason and money), but.......I'd have a tailgate pad on it at all times basically.
Sponsored