Brody919

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
Are you signalling when exiting on the ramp? When I signal my truck will ignore losing the lanes until I'm in the next lane. Only time it beeps at me is when it loses sight of one of the lanes on a shitty, crappy painted road.

I also don't have that issue with AA. Could possibly be your truck, maybe others will have the same issues.
yes I signal but sometimes the ramp lane is wider than a normal lane and the truck doesn't like it. It will attempt to ping pong and when I fight it, it yells at me. It also happens when two lanes merge together and its super wide for a while. I'm going to have the dealership look at the audio issue this weekend and maybe they will just re-flash the software and send me on my way.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
yes I signal but sometimes the ramp lane is wider than a normal lane and the truck doesn't like it. It will attempt to ping pong and when I fight it, it yells at me. It also happens when two lanes merge together and its super wide for a while. I'm going to have the dealership look at the audio issue this weekend and maybe they will just re-flash the software and send me on my way.
Do you have all the safety sense features on or are you just using Lane Trace assist for "hands free" highway driving?

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
i have not experienced any of those issues but I do have other issues with AA:

if I auto-start the truck, it wont connect via BT, which makes sense if i'm too far away. The problem is that it wont autoconnect once I'm within range. Every other car I've had, will auto connect. I need to turn the car off, open/close the door and turn it back on for it to reconnect.
You could try to just reset the head unit only with long pressing the volume knob.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brody919

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
Do you have all the safety sense features on or are you just using Lane Trace assist for "hands free" highway driving?
I think I use everything still but def adjusted sensitivity on some of the features, and have reset the head unit once already. dropping it off at the dealership this evening with these issues and a few others. They said they needed to keep my truck for a week but I doubt they need it for a week.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
If you are using AA and you want to use the voice assist for it you have to long press the button on the steering wheel. a single tap just interfaces with the Toyota side of things.
head speaking
Tried this and still no voice dialing. My son suggested disabling AA on the phone and see if Toyota app would then voice dial. Haven't tried yet.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
I found a 'work around' from Android auto if you don't use it much. Go into your device and enable the phone. That will disable AA, and allow you to use voice recognition for phone calls.

OP
OP
Brody919

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
Tried this and still no voice dialing. My son suggested disabling AA on the phone and see if Toyota app would then voice dial. Haven't tried yet.
So, I dropped Terra off at the dealership yesterday and they gave me a rental 2024 Rav 4 Prime and my phone connects flawlessly every time in this thing so far with none of the issues I am having in the Taco. They didn't have a definite length of time they will keep my truck but if the issues get resolved I'll report back.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
So I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I use Android Auto and I have noticed two consistent issues with it almost 5K miles in.

1. Sometimes when I get a warning beep while taking an exit because the truck cant find the lines or any other reason for the truck to yell at me it will reduce my audio in the way that it does when the voice comes on for directions and I will stop receiving directions. The quickest fix I have found was to initiate the vehicle nav search on steering wheel (Not through AA) so a single press vs hold, and once it comes up long press the voice assist button to cancel and music volume will go back up and I'll start getting directions again if i was using them. I have not tested to see if the issue comes when using the built in navigation because I much prefer Waze.

2. I have noticed that there are certain places I drive through that cause my wireless android auto to Timeout. however once I acknowledge the Timeout, it comes right back up without any other input from me. for a while I thought it was time based. But after driving through certain areas multiple times I have realized its location based for example 30 minutes away from the coast. It happened in the exact spot going to the beach and then returning home.

is anyone else noticing these things? I don't know if it's AA or the truck and I know the dealership is gonna tell me they cant reproduce. The only one I can replicate at the service center will be the warning beeps as I can get them for trying to resume CC without having set it yet but the other thing is just weird to me.
I'm waiting for my 2024 Sport Premium as I continue to drive my 2022 RAV4 Prime premium. Same system, same dash, etc. It came with a year of "connected services" trial where I could use their Navigation, Sirius radio, and still have the phone setup bluetooth for phone calls. I loved it, I never had a problem. Once that year subscription ran out, I had to start using Android Auto. It's so annoying, I almost think they're trying to push people to sign up for their connected services and use their stuff. I would just to end the headaches, but I wont be driving that vehicle much longer, and the new one has the extra 2 years as a PIO.

OP
OP
Brody919

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
So update....well not much of an update. I dropped my truck off at the dealership and they had it for two weeks. Barely got updates and from what I could tell from the Toyota app updates. they only touched my truck one day. In addition to having them try and diagnose my infotainment issues I asked to have my tires rotated and my oil changed. I finally got fed up with them having my truck and went and picked it up. they promised me the oil change and tires had been rotated, however I discovered these also hadn't been done. They had my truck for two weeks drove it for 20 miles and did absolutely nothing. Will be taking my truck to a different dealership going forward. I raised hell with the service manager, and while they were apologetic that just isn't going to be good enough for me. still having all of these issues. I have started plugging my phone in and that seems to at least fix the random disconnect/Timeout issues.
Sponsored