Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Parking Sensors issue? Fell inside bumper

Pops94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2024 SR5
Anyone having issues with the rear bumper sensors?
500 miles on my SR5 and dash light came on to check parking sensors. I checked and on of them seem to fall inside the bumper. I was able to push it back out. I’ll update if it falls out/in again the rear bumper.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pops94

Pops94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2024 SR5
Same issue with mine and same exact sensor! Did the dealer fix it? Seems they are only held on by double sided tape…

IMG_5251.jpeg
Yes they fixed it. I recommend calling the dealer so they have the replacement parts ready for you. So you won’t have to do multiple trips.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Yes they fixed it. I recommend calling the dealer so they have the replacement parts ready for you. So you won’t have to do multiple trips.
I got an apt for Wednesday this week. Also going to show them how my headlight rubs the front fender and makes a squeek and also my driver seat that has a manual up and down pump will loose height within a day or 2. I’ll keep you updated!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Just got back from my Apt. They had the adhesive tapes in stock and were able to reattach my sensor. The seat issue “they could not replicate” seeing it happens over the course of a few days, but are reaching out to Toyota to see if it’s an issue. Also fixed my squeek coming from the front fender/headlight. They had me in and out with 45 minutes.

hopefully the sensor don’t fall back out 😆

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
And as an update it fell back out because they used generic double sided tapes.

So as you stated dealer had to order a whole new bracket with the proper adhesive, they'll be fixing it hopefully for the last time this Wednesday.

Reactions: MJE

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I had this issue, so I epoxied the plastic housing into the bumper to get rid of the double sided tape problem.