Sponsored

2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Full Transmission Replacement After 342 Miles

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Does anybody have the Toyota procedure for filling the new auto transmission, in case the dealer gives me a hard time about asking to verify all fluids are where they need to be? I'm assuming it needs to be run to temp and added until it weeps from the fill hole

And edit, this is my current list, ignore the add ons lol

IMG_2929.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max
You'll find that there isn't one because the fluid is supposed to be "lifetime." There is no dipstick; you have to fill it from underneath the truck. To do this, you need to run the truck so the fluid heats up, expands, and begins to flow from the standpipe. At that point, it's full. There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
You'll find that there isn't one because the fluid is supposed to be "lifetime." There is no dipstick; you have to fill it from underneath the truck. To do this, you need to run the truck so the fluid heats up, expands, and begins to flow from the standpipe. At that point, it's full. There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it.
...so basically I'm getting that 5 year extended and then trading in this 4th gen before warranty is up.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
...so basically I'm getting that 5 year extended and then trading in this 4th gen before warranty is up.
Nobody makes a trans with a filler neck anymore, maybe the big heavy duty trucks, you can absolutely service these transmissions, ignore the fear mongering

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Nobody makes a trans with a filler neck anymore, maybe the big heavy duty trucks, you can absolutely service these transmissions, ignore the fear mongering
there's no getting mongered by fear ..but...there's some serious disappointment in winning the lemon lottery.

Sponsored

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
That’s not true at all, it has a fill plug lol
Wow I must have gotten the wrong info. I took my 2024 trd sport truck to oil changers where I did all my oil changes and one transmission drain and fill in my 2017 tacoma . They never had a 4th gen Tacoma there yet. It’s when I had 2000 miles on the truck. I wanted to check the trans oil but they said they couldn’t because there was only a drain bolt no fill plug. 3000 miles later the trans shit the bed. Wish I could have checked it . Maybe I could have prevented the trans going out.

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
I'm quite mechanically inclined, there 100% is a fill port, its called a weep hole
When I go get the truck I’ll ask tech to show me where it is so I can take a picture of it and post it here. Does anyone have a picture of it?

Sponsored

Jcisco951

First Name
Jozie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
I saw this video a week ago. I didn’t know what a standpipe was. Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed this new trans and torque converter hold up. I had 2 Toyota trucks . 1994 pick up 5 speed manual. Truck was a work horse and a 2017 sr5 Tacoma . Both trucks lasted well over 200,000 miles with no issues. This new 4th gen seems to be lacking in the quality part. No front bump stops. Rear brake lines are super close to rear wheels. All door jam rubbers seem cheaper. Hood shakes like crazy.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Aren’t you the one saying “no thanks” to a Pro because of the ISO Dynamic seats? Seems like you’re eating your words. We get it - you aren’t the fan of the 4th Gen TRD Pro.
No, I said I hope they're offered as an option in the 25. I don't need or want them and would rather have the room in the back seat and a less expensive price.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Yeah - that's him. He wants a Pro but without the black flares or the super cool seats and maybe the engine. Sounds like he doesn't want one much at all to me.

My only complaint is that mine isn't here yet. I love hearing from owners like you that have the honor of already owning one. Hoping to get mine sometime in September.
No, try reading what I post instead of making things up. I said I'd prefer matte black on the fender flares and would wrap them day 1 as I prefer that. I said I hope the Iso seats are offered as an option in the 25. Never said anything about the engine other than I liked it when I test drove a couple of the 24s and it sounds like a shitty 4 banger (which it does). I get the urge to join the mob mentality and focus on an individual poster, but if you're going to do that at least have your facts straight. I mean...it's all right here to read if you have any interest in being correct or seeming to be a credible person yourself. If you're just interested in being a keyboard warrior and trying to make fun of someone, go ahead. I'll be ok.

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
The trans only has a drain bolt. No fill plug..
Oh joy! Now I will add a turkey baster, or syringe to add tranny fluid, along with the funnel. I think J may need to pop the hood again, then crawl around and look for a fill hole….. one motivation to change to fluid frequently, is that by draining the fluid-then refilling, is that I will know it is topped off consistently… how about that for a run on sentence!!! I will plan on frequent trans fluid replacement intervals.
Sponsored