Sponsored

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport premium MT
Hello, first time posting a thread, just want to show and go over the truck as of right now. The truck has about 1500 miles and very happy with the truck. There is some small things ive noticed with the truck that Im sure most people has noticed. Some of those things that ive noticed is shifting 1st to 2nd gear rev up very fast from dead stop sometimes alittle jerky. When playing music over 35-45 volume hear some rattling noise. some of the fitment and finish could use some more work but other than those so far the truck is super fun and love it. I get a 1.5" Readylift kit with some 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires on the stock wheels

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 1.5" ReadyLift kit + 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT Tires K3

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 1.5" ReadyLift kit + 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT Tires K2

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 1.5" ReadyLift kit + 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT Tires KURO

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 1.5" ReadyLift kit + 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT Tires IMG_7335
Sponsored

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
nice looking truck and Iā€™m thinking about these tires set up for myself, but debating between 265/65/18, 275/65/18 or the 285/65/18. I want the aggressive looks but as close to stock as possible.

As for the transmission, I feel that from a dead stop the transmission doesnā€™t shift quick enough into second and it tents to hang on mine before shifting into second.

OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice looking truck and Iā€™m thinking about these tires set up for myself, but debating between 265/65/18, 275/65/18 or the 285/65/18. I want the aggressive looks but as close to stock as possible.

As for the transmission, I feel that from a dead stop the transmission doesnā€™t shift quick enough into second and it tents to hang on mine before shifting into second.
Thanks bro, ya i have notice that it does have a rev hang while shifting which took me alittle to get used to versus an older 5speed trans on a toyota. I would definitely recommend putting 285/65/18 on it if you plan on leaving the suspension stock. If you plan on lifting it i would wait until after you lift it to put tires that would fit better

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
Sick truck !

Waiting on BC Sport Premium LB myself ā€¦ Toyota of Huntington Beach offered me a Black Sport Premium LB today for a mere $4,000 more than the one I have reserved šŸ˜³

808taco

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd sport MT underground premium
Brah. Beautiful truck. That's exactly what I wanted but dealership ordered white by accident. Opted in for the underground MT instead. Congrats on the truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sick truck !

Waiting on BC Sport Premium LB myself ā€¦ Toyota of Huntington Beach offered me a Black Sport Premium LB today for a mere $4,000 more than the one I have reserved šŸ˜³
Appreciate it manšŸ¤™šŸ½, yea the premium package is a for sure I big bite to swallow. Canā€™t wait to hear about your truck when it comes in.

OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brah. Beautiful truck. That's exactly what I wanted but dealership ordered white by accident. Opted in for the underground MT instead. Congrats on the truck.
Thanks ah braddahšŸ¤™šŸ½, I was looking at the underground to but went with the black once I seen it in person. Congrats to you as well

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
Thanks bro, ya i have notice that it does have a rev hang while shifting which took me alittle to get used to versus an older 5speed trans on a toyota. I would definitely recommend putting 285/65/18 on it if you plan on leaving the suspension stock. If you plan on lifting it i would wait until after you lift it to put tires that would fit better
Yea Iā€™m not putting a lift at all. Have you noticed if the truck feels a bit heavier with those tires or not at all?

OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea Iā€™m not putting a lift at all. Have you noticed if the truck feels a bit heavier with those tires or not at all?
Truck hasnā€™t felt heavier but you can feel the tires more when going from a dead stop. But nothing as of power lost. Truck still picks right up to 65 in 4th and 5th gear

Ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Kuro, do you have any other photos of the truck leveled before you put the Baja bosses on? I plan to do the level with Baja bosses (had them on my tundra, loved them) but want to wait for a bit before I put on new tires. Just want to see it to make sure the truck doesnā€™t look like it skipped leg dayā€¦ hahah thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kuro, do you have any other photos of the truck leveled before you put the Baja bosses on? I plan to do the level with Baja bosses (had them on my tundra, loved them) but want to wait for a bit before I put on new tires. Just want to see it to make sure the truck doesnā€™t look like it skipped leg dayā€¦ hahah thanks!
Here is another picture of the truck when I did my leveling kit. The pictures from my original post also are with the leveling kit on to.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 1.5" ReadyLift kit + 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT Tires IMG_7244

Ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
That looks great! The stock tires don't seem to look too undersized. Thank you!!

motodog71

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Toyota in 2024
Hello, first time posting a thread, just want to show and go over the truck as of right now. The truck has about 1500 miles and very happy with the truck. There is some small things ive noticed with the truck that Im sure most people has noticed. Some of those things that ive noticed is shifting 1st to 2nd gear rev up very fast from dead stop sometimes alittle jerky. When playing music over 35-45 volume hear some rattling noise. some of the fitment and finish could use some more work but other than those so far the truck is super fun and love it. I get a 1.5" Readylift kit with some 285/65/18 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires on the stock wheels

K3.jpg

K2.jpg

KURO.jpg

IMG_7335.jpeg
Hi love the truck and tires. I want to put the Baja Boss on my 2024 Land Cruiser I have ordered. Unfortunately they don't make a 265/70/18 so the 285/65/18 is close. Some tires like a BFG need to size up as run narrow so don't want the stock size anyways. These look true to size? Can you please take a photo from the side? Which 1.5" spacer did you use does it change the ride quality? The only negative to the Baja Boss are they are heavy vs a Toyo AT3 did you lose some MPG?

OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi love the truck and tires. I want to put the Baja Boss on my 2024 Land Cruiser I have ordered. Unfortunately they don't make a 265/70/18 so the 285/65/18 is close. Some tires like a BFG need to size up as run narrow so don't want the stock size anyways. These look true to size? Can you please take a photo from the side? Which 1.5" spacer did you use does it change the ride quality? The only negative to the Baja Boss are they are heavy vs a Toyo AT3 did you lose some MPG?
thanks man, yea id say there pretty true to size. They are alittle heavy then the toyo at3 but only by about 10pounds. So MPG i havent seen to much of a loss in it, still pushing around 17-18 in the city and 19-20 on highways. I went with the Readylift 1.5" leveling spacer and the ride is about the same as stock so far i love the level look for now. Im waiting on a bigger kit to become available. I will send a side shot picture of the truck, Aloha