2024 TRD OR vibration/shudder

docman10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off-road premium
Ive been dealing with a vibration at specific speeds that is quite annoying, At first, it occurred at 40-50mph. I brought it in to dealer, and they told me they test drove another new TRD OR and this was normal. BS. I went to GM and he helped me get service to test forced road balance. They did this, but problem did not go away. I went back with the truck and service told me they couldn’t do anything else without sanction from corporate, and I should open a case via hotline, which I did. After a significant wait, I finally got A call the regional tech service manager was coming to dealer. In the meantime, I read I should rotate spare tire around different positions, and when I moved it to the FR, the vibration improved. I met the Tech and Service manager, and i informed them about the tire rotation results. The Toyota regional Tech person assured me they would get to the bottom of the problem. I got a call the next day the truck was ready, and they replaced FR tire. The service report indicated they confirmed the problem and how space swap helped isolate the problem, but they did not appear to road test With new tire. Now the same/worse vibration happens at 68-78 mph. Argh. Very frustrating. Im going to call on Monday to get back in but Im loosing confidence in the service dept of this dealer. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. A $53+ vehicle should not have this problem. Currently 1300 mi on truck.
Sponsored