Sponsored

2025 Nissan Frontier

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
400w AC power inverter on this vehicle, dropping to 100w in drive. File it under dinosaur builds. My thin film Renogys put out more on a cloudy day
Sponsored

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
400w AC power inverter on this vehicle, dropping to 100w in drive. File it under dinosaur builds. My thin film Renogys put out more on a cloudy day
Umm....that's the same thing as we have in the Tacoma. I don't know what they'll put in the Frontier but the Tacoma's inverter is a modified sine wave as well, which really irritates me.

Buckeye Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Golf
I still prefer the Tacoma and wouldn't get the nissan, but Toyota sucks with customization and packages.

I know leather seats falls under subjectivity, but f Toyota for charging a 8500 premium package as the only way to get leather seats on their popular models of the sport/off-road.
Isn’t it fake leather? It’s called Softex or something like that. My 2016 Highlander has leather seats. Third row however is softex. It may be different now. But funny how years ago that was thrown to the kids. Now it’s a premium product. My vw golf has simulated leather seats that I think are much better. But it’s still not leather.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Umm....that's the same thing as we have in the Tacoma. I don't know what they'll put in the Frontier but the Tacoma's inverter is a modified sine wave as well, which really irritates me.
you think you could do an aftermarket upgrade without adding a bigger alternator?

If I could've gotten a non-hybrid 6' bed with the 2400w power inverter, would've made that purchase a long time ago. Something about this iForceMax system, pure sine, continuous 2400w in cab & bed in park & in drive & engine off. Which forced me into the TH because I need the long bed.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I actually like the Nissan Frontier, and hope that it does well. It's a good-looking vehicle, and it should be very reliable in the long run, although I'm surprised -- on some level, that someone mentioned that a relative was having problems with the transmission in their new Frontier. I guess I'm half-surprised. I did a bit of research on them before going with the Taco. Anyhow that tranny is a Jatco-built licensed copy of the Mercedes 9 speed tranny. Anyhow Jatco is the company that Nissan had build all of those failed CVT and subsequent lawsuits since forever now. None the less, I'm not partial to any one manufacturer. I just want reliablity!
Sponsored