Sponsored

35" tires upgraded owners - how's your MPG mileage?

San_TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD-Off Road
How has your gas mileage been. Saw a video on Youtube that showed 238 miles on a full tank, 18 gallons for a fillup, that comes out to 13.2mpg. I love the look of the 35" tires, but would rather stick with the 33" setup if it's going to make that much of a gas mileage difference.
Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
You can’t take the guess-o-meter seriously. It’s automatically subtracting 3 gallons of fuel. So it actually works out to 15.7 mpg.

And it’s using average mileage. So unless they reset it immediately after changing the tires you’re not seeing the whole picture.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
How has your gas mileage been. Saw a video on Youtube that showed 238 miles on a full tank, 18 gallons for a fillup, that comes out to 13.2mpg. I love the look of the 35" tires, but would rather stick with the 33" setup if it's going to make that much of a gas mileage difference.
You should not be using the estimated range at fill up to determine literally anything.

Its wildly inaccurate and multiple owners have already mentioned 330+ range on their drives

ModCo Wheels

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma , 2014 Raptor
Even if you were going to use the estimated range you'd have to account for the fact that you're traveling further than the odometer says based on the larger tires having less RPM's per mile.

Unless the new speedo is GPS driven. Then I take everything back lol.
Sponsored