4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th gen TRD Sport 6MT
So I said goodbye to my 3rd gen Taco and it's 21 gallon fuel tank and found my dream build 4th gen Taco in Florida. Everything is so much better with the newest generation except the 18 gallon fuel tank. I run the Dallas/El Paso, Dallas/Yuma, and Dallas/Salt Lake City routes every month and my biggest fear is running out of fuel. Yeah yeah yeah I know there's a gas station every 10 miles on the east coast but here in Texas there are many routes that have no gas stations for 50 miles between fill ups and in one case a 100 mile stretch on i-70 going thru Utah.

I went with the Wavian "NATO approved" all black jerry can and holder to match the all black spray in bedliner. The 2 1/2 gallon jerry can sits low inside the bed and is hard to see at night which lessens the chance of it getting stolen.

So when i take off on a road trip i fill the can just in case i run out of fuel. So far i haven't needed the extra fuel so i pour the fuel into my Taco on my way back home, satisfied knowing that it was there if i needed it. My average highway speeds are 92 mph and the maximum speed on the 4th gen Taco is 108 mpg which i hit quite often. The jerry can was $84 and the holder was $39 on Amazon. A little pricey yes but knowing it's there if i need it is reassuring. Just my 2¢.

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image0 copy

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed tempImage9p2NiI

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image1 copy

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image2

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image3

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image4 copy

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image0

2024 Tacoma 4th gen fuel tank capacity problem solved! Jerry can holder installed in bed image1
Sponsored