Sponsored

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
Some of my accessories came in yesterday and since it was snowing outside, I woke up bright and early this Saturday and installed them. These included the bed cargo divider (molle style), bed step and exhaust tip.

I can say this. Toyota engineers were very thorough and thought almost everything through.

For example, when I installed the exhaust tip, Toyota put an external bump in the exhaust pipe, so you get it installed at the exact correct depth. The exhaust tip clamp rings have a groove that the exhaust pipe bump fits perfectly into. As I started looking around at other accessory install points, I noticed many of the same type of design built into the truck.

2024 Tacoma Accessories Installed: exhaust tip, bed step, bed cargo divider (molle style) 2024 tacoma exhaust tip accessory

2024 Tacoma Accessories Installed: exhaust tip, bed step, bed cargo divider (molle style) 2024 tacoma bed step accessory 1

2024 Tacoma Accessories Installed: exhaust tip, bed step, bed cargo divider (molle style) 2024 tacoma bed step accessory 2

2024 Tacoma Accessories Installed: exhaust tip, bed step, bed cargo divider (molle style) 2024 tacoma bed step accessory 3

2024 Tacoma Accessories Installed: exhaust tip, bed step, bed cargo divider (molle style) 2024 tacoma bed cargo divider molle style
Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepyBear

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That bed divider is cool. What did that run ya?
Divider $360. Bed step was $324, tip was $84. All well below MSRP, especially as "dealer addon" during truck purchase.

I have predator steps coming at $600 and floor mats at $135 shipped.

In contrast if you order with the truck, the bed step is $455, Exhaust tip is $120, Predator steps $700, and floor mats $179.

You spend a good hunk of change less by turning a 12 MM, 14MM and T25 Torx yourself and ordering at a discount.

The only thing that's cheaper from the factory is the mud guards upgrade.

I also plan on running the bed divider in the back of the bed too, to keep gas cans from sliding all around.

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Divider $360. Bed step was $324, tip was $84. All well below MSRP, especially as "dealer addon" during truck purchase.

In contrast if you order with the truck, the bed step is $455, Exhaust tip is $120, Predator steps $700, and floor mats $179.

You spend a good hunk of change less by turning a 12 MM, 14MM and T25 Torx yourself and ordering at a discount.

I also plan on running the bed divider in the back of the bed too, to keep gas cans from sliding all around.

Im lovin that bed step. I have a bed step on the driver side of my 3rd gen. Is there an advantage to having yours on the passenger side or is it just personal preference ?

OP
OP
SleepyBear

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im lovin that bed step. I have a bed step on the driver side of my 3rd gen. Is there an advantage to having yours on the passenger side or is it just personal preference ?
The exhaust is on the left side and is way back towards the rear of the truck and would interfere. Also the instructions said to install it on the right side, so that's what I did!

Sponsored

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
The exhaust is on the left side and is way back towards the rear of the truck and would interfere. Also the instructions said to install it on the right side, so that's what I did!
I Completely forgot Toyota moved the exhaust from the passenger side to the driver's side. Makes perfect sense.

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Some of my accessories came in yesterday and since it was snowing outside, I woke up bright and early this Saturday and installed them. These included the bed cargo divider (molle style), bed step and exhaust tip.

I can say this. Toyota engineers were very thorough and thought almost everything through.

For example, when I installed the exhaust tip, Toyota put an external bump in the exhaust pipe, so you get it installed at the exact correct depth. The exhaust tip clamp rings have a groove that the exhaust pipe bump fits perfectly into. As I started looking around at other accessory install points, I noticed many of the same type of design built into the truck.

2024 tacoma exhaust tip accessory.jpg

2024 tacoma bed step accessory 1.jpg

2024 tacoma bed step accessory 2.jpg

2024 tacoma bed step accessory 3.jpg

2024 tacoma bed cargo divider molle style.jpg

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
How do you like your bed step? I’m considering getting one

Sponsored
OP
OP
SleepyBear

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Predator steps are $949 in my region (SET). I predict a lot of them on Facebook Marketplace in the next year.
Msrp is $700. Pickup mine tomorrow when they arrive for $600. Someone’s getting raped.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual

Progress! Did you order all weather mats? If so do you happen to have the part number?

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I think the bed step is a good idea. This seems a tad higher than my previous Tacoma off road. Will wait for after market options.

OP
OP
SleepyBear

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the bed step is a good idea. This seems a tad higher than my previous Tacoma off road. Will wait for after market options.
Why? This one is really good And perfect bolt on fit.