Sponsored

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I have a TRD Sport and wanted to see if just changing out the 4X control would enable the MTS and Crawl setting like the TRD OF has. Since the transfer case, transmission was the same and assumed it was just a computer control.

I purchased a brand new 4X Control for a TRD OF off eBay for $130, took the console apart and swapped in the control and it worked! Now have all the settings - throws no CEL's!

2024 Tacoma Adding MTS and Crawl Control to a TRD Sport - EASY! IMG_0177

2024 Tacoma Adding MTS and Crawl Control to a TRD Sport - EASY! IMG_0178
Sponsored

Last edited:

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
That is such a cool modification! Makes me wonder if getting crawl control is a possibility on the SR but I doubt it. I think this will be a very popular mod for many. Thanks for Sharing. Brilliant!

Brooksie

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I have a TRD Sport and wanted to see if just changing out the 4X control would enable the MTS and Crawl setting like the TRD OF has. Since the transfer case, transmission was the same and assumed it was just a computer control.

I purchased a brand new 4X Control for a TRD OF off eBay for $130, took the console apart and swapped in the control and it worked! Now have all the settings - throws no CEL's!

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg
I was looking on ebay for the controller. Did you see any others on there, I couldn't find one?

Sponsored

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
Um whoa! Thats great and also weird why they wouldn't include it for all 4x4s if it's just a button. (was same mod a thing for 3rd gen sports?) So... have you actually ran it in crawl? I see it enabled on the screen, but does it crawl at different speeds in 4lo when you're in the field?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Very interested in this mod. Hopefully, Limited hybrid can benefit from this.

808taco

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd sport MT underground premium
I too am very curious about this. It's amazing that you're able to replace that component and make it work. The question is does the actual drive mode, crawl control, and terrain control actually work? Or does it just open the mts screen but doesn't actually drive to control mts

Sponsored

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg
I know this does not work on a "Limited" trim. Do you have a locker?

• Sad
Reactions: Ron
OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
All- The crawl button lights up, but no change to the cluster, no way to change the setting. MTS does work - both with the section and "feels" in 4WD. So can only add MTS... I am curious that it will light up on the button and wonder if it's something that can be flashed at the Dealer? My assumption is that it's software, not in the transfer case.

I don't have the elec locker or sway bar disconnect.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
All- The crawl button lights up, but no change to the cluster, no way to change the setting. MTS does work - both with the section and "feels" in 4WD. So can only add MTS... I am curious that it will light up on the button and wonder if it's something that can be flashed at the Dealer? My assumption is that it's software, not in the transfer case.

I don't have the elec locker or sway bar disconnect.
Do you get the disabled traction control and all that when changing the MTS?

OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Yes, traction control (VSC OFF light comes on the screen) if you put it in Snow, Deep mud
Sponsored