AFE performance parts

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Looks like AFE has hot and cold side charge pipes out and a couple exhaust systems. That's awesome we are already seeming some companies make performance parts.

Magna flow has two exhaust systems out also it looks like.

Hopefully Jb4 won't be short behind for a way to tune these because I would not be changing things around without a tune.

Only downside is possible warranty issues could come up if anything happens.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Looks like AFE has hit and cold side charge pipes out and a couple exhaust systems. That's awesome we are already seeming some companies make performance parts.

Magna flow has two exhaust systems out also it looks like.

Hopefully Jb4 won't be short behind for a way to tune these because I would not be changing things around without a tune.

Only downside is possible warranty issues could come up if anything happens.
Concur with the warranty issues. I seriously considering an extended warranty but fearful that it would be invalidated by aftermarket parts.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
They have to prove the warranty work you're getting done was caused by the aftermarket exhaust I'm fairly certain. Either way, I got extended warranty and I'll be buying the dual Magnaflow system, not letting warranty stop me from having a little fun lol.

Charge pipes probably a different story with warranty, a little more weary there

OP
OP
Tanrmt09

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
I feel both of you guys. I wish the magnaflow didn't go out the back of I would go that route also. I might have a shop just make me a cat back and axle dump set up.

The charge pipes would be the hardest to deal with. I know a few years ago AFE was the manufacturer of the TRD intakes and stuff but I don't know if that is still the case anymore.

That was also an old article I read so who knows if it was correct or not.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the difficulty of the swap, changing back to the OEM pipe would be an option if needed. When I do mods, I always evaluate it to determine if I can change it back to original condition with no clues that anything was changed in the past. If a removed mod is going to leave signs (cutting, drilling) I won't do it in most cases.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have to prove the warranty work you're getting done was caused by the aftermarket exhaust I'm fairly certain. Either way, I got extended warranty and I'll be buying the dual Magnaflow system, not letting warranty stop me from having a little fun lol.

Charge pipes probably a different story with warranty, a little more weary there
I concur with this. That's the easy part. The hard part is dealing with my wife, who will want to know, "Why do you spend all this money on this truck and now you want to change things?"

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I concur with this. That's the easy part. The hard part is dealing with my wife, who will want to know, "Why do you spend all this money on this truck and now you want to change things?"
The joys of being single and not ready to mingle šŸ¤£ All I got to do is wait for a Canadian supplier to sell them so I'm not paying an additional $500CAD in shipping

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
I feel both of you guys. I wish the magnaflow didn't go out the back of I would go that route also. I might have a shop just make me a cat back and axle dump set up.

The charge pipes would be the hardest to deal with. I know a few years ago AFE was the manufacturer of the TRD intakes and stuff but I don't know if that is still the case anymore.

That was also an old article I read so who knows if it was correct or not.
The magnaflow exhaust comes with an axle dumpā€¦ you get 2 tips with their kit, one that comes out the side and one axle dump tip. They made a small choice to bring the axle dump behind the axle instead of in the front, that keeps the cabin noises down. I have their exhaust on my Tacoma and itā€™s amazing!

OP
OP
Tanrmt09

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
The magnaflow exhaust comes with an axle dumpā€¦ you get 2 tips with their kit, one that comes out the side and one axle dump tip. They made a small choice to bring the axle dump behind the axle instead of in the front, that keeps the cabin noises down. I have their exhaust on my Tacoma and itā€™s amazing!

You know what I didn't see that on the overland series, I was just looking at the spec series. I was wondering why there was a price difference and that would be why.

On a new Tacoma or previously generation? If it's a 4g would love to hear a sound clip.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
You know what I didn't see that on the overland series, I was just looking at the spec series. I was wondering why there was a price difference and that would be why.

On a new Tacoma or previously generation? If it's a 4g would love to hear a sound clip.
There are clips on the magnaflow site for hr 4g Tacoma exhaust.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
There are clips on the magnaflow site for hr 4g Tacoma exhaust.
Waiting for someone to buy an AFE and post it lol it's substantially cheaper than Magnaflow.

Bad business practice to post a product that goes wroom and don't post the wroom noise šŸ˜‚

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
Depending on the difficulty of the swap, changing back to the OEM pipe would be an option if needed. When I do mods, I always evaluate it to determine if I can change it back to original condition with no clues that anything was changed in the past. If a removed mod is going to leave signs (cutting, drilling) I won't do it in most cases.
Exactly my thoughts every time.
Sponsored