Sponsored

Android auto secret?

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I have a 2024 Sport and a Moto G 2024 phone. I can get AA to connect to the truck, maybe 10% of the time, if that. I am using a 4K cord from the phone plugged into the side of the screen. For Nav, most of the time I have to use my phone screen, and hang it from the dash. Phone connects to the truck by Bluetooth fine, for my tunes, but can't get the little AA icon to appear on the truck screen to get the AA app to start. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
I use Bluetooth (use flash drive for music), and it connects most of the time. Occasionally I have to go into phone settings and do a connect there to get it to work. Once I think I had to tell both sides to forget the other and re-pair them but usually just doing a disconnect/connect on the phone solves the problem.

jdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Actually, before trying what I typed below, make sure you update Android Auto to latest and just try re-pairing normally again w/ the head unit. I've had less problems with it since I just updated AA to latest (v12.9).

If still no joy, try disabling wireless android auto to force it to use the cable. For latest AA (12.9) go to phone settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Android Auto > Advanced > Additional settings in the app > scroll down to and expand Version > tap Version and permission info about 10 times to allow development settings. Then click the 3 dots > Developer settings > and untick "Wireless Android Auto". In your car go to the head unit Bluetooth settings and forget all the devices. Then plug the phone via cable to the side of the screen. I've noticed that when it's using the cable, a "Passive" device will show up on the Bluetooth list on mines.

Another thing worth trying... try several cables... even some of the slower data rate ones. Seems counter-intuitive but... I've had better luck with the crappier cables instead of the fancy 4k one I was trying to use initially (like you).
Sponsored