Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Trailcat...when was your build date. My build date was 8/23 and my dealer has no clue when it will show up
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours was built about 5 weeks before mine and they don’t even know when you will get yours ??? Well I’ll probably just have to stop worrying about mine then because it might not be here till X-Mas

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Yours was built about 5 weeks before mine and they don’t even know when you will get yours ??? Well I’ll probably just have to stop worrying about mine then because it might not be here till X-Mas
According to my window sticker, my TRD PRO was built 7-11-2024. I still don’t have a delivery date. Genuinely hope your truck doesn’t take as long as mine because it’s been frustrating to say the least. Sales manager called me this morning and said he was going to reach out to the Toyota regional rep. Hoping to get a call back from the sales manager at Antioch Toyota tomorrow with an update from the regional Toyota rep about the status of my TRD PRO

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TacoFreak get any good news or an update? I did get a phone call from the Antioch Toyota Sales manager this morning. Sales manager actually sounded frustrated with Toyota because he expected delivery of the TRD PRO to be mid August or the 1st week of September.
Yes - things have moved very quickly in the last two days for me. My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday afternoon and I picked it up today. Hang in there because this thing is perfect, and definitely worth the wait.

Toyota has really screwed their distribution up badly. My sales lady said that she sold a $80k Tundra that was lost for almost 3 months. They finally found it at a distribution center in Richmond VA, about 120 miles away. Toyota tried for three months to locate it! Three freakin months! She was just as amazed as we are.

But they really do happen and here is my proof.

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma TDDay1

Sponsored

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
Trailcat...when was your build date. My build date was 8/23 and my dealer has no clue when it will show up
My Trailhunter was built on 9/3. Last I heard from my dealer was that it is in "processing" whatever that means. Not shipped yet I guess. I'm just hoping that mine is a late enough build to not have all of the QC holds that plagued the early builds. I know of one truck that was built in May and still hasn't been delivered to my local dealer. Toyota still shows that one with an expected date of 7/5-7/22 on their website.

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
Yes - things have moved very quickly in the last two days for me. My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday afternoon and I picked it up today. Hang in there because this thing is perfect, and definitely worth the wait.

Toyota has really screwed their distribution up badly. My sales lady said that she sold a $80k Tundra that was lost for almost 3 months. They finally found it at a distribution center in Richmond VA, about 120 miles away. Toyota tried for three months to locate it! Three freakin months! She was just as amazed as we are.

Congrats! Gorgeous truck! That's what I gathered from the forums here, things happen fast whenever they eventually happen.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TDDay1.jpeg
Your Terra TRD PRO looks super clean and fresh! Congrats. Very nice picture. Gives me some encouragement to see other members in the forum scoring the goods from Toyota.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4

TDDay1.jpeg
You wanted this thing so bad I felt like I was waiting for it. Enjoy it dude! The wait is officially over!

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Trailhunter was built on 9/3. Last I heard from my dealer was that it is in "processing" whatever that means. Not shipped yet I guess. I'm just hoping that mine is a late enough build to not have all of the QC holds that plagued the early builds. I know of one truck that was built in May and still hasn't been delivered to my local dealer. Toyota still shows that one with an expected date of 7/5-7/22 on their website.
9/3 build date for your Trail Hunter likely means at least 4-5 more weeks if I had to guess. When your truck does ship just hope you don’t end up with any major delays or QC holds. From what I can see on Toyota’s inventory, I’ve noticed quite a few PRO’s and TrailHunter’s within a 500 mile radius of me going from the build phase, vehicle in transit, to a vehicle delivery date. Hope you get your truck soon with no issues.

Unfortunately, my PRO is currently experiencing mysterious delays. My truck was built July 11 and has been sitting at the port of California since August 11.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
You wanted this thing so bad I felt like I was waiting for it. Enjoy it dude! The wait is officially over!
Thanks for the moral support man. I have been dreaming about this truck and so far it is everything that I hoped for, but even better. I have been driving trucks for more years than I can count and it is the nicest one I have ever driven.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Mine did not fall within the range for the TSB.

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with your truck, but that Toyota has misplaced it.

As my sales associate said yesterday - how can they misplace an $80k Tundra which is presold and then take months to find it? Obviously they need to sort this crap out.

So no luck with the regional manager? They are also clueless as to where your truck is and why it has never moved to your dealer? I hope that Toyota is at the least embarrassed.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine did not fall within the range for the TSB.

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with your truck, but that Toyota has misplaced it.

As my sales associate said yesterday - how can they misplace an $80k Tundra which is presold and then take months to find it? Obviously they need to sort this crap out.

So no luck with the regional manager? They are also clueless as to where your truck is and why it has never moved to your dealer? I hope that Toyota is at the least embarrassed.
Unfortunately, no update on my TRD PRO today. I spoke to the sales manager Thursday morning who told me he’d make contact with his regional Toyota rep and find out why my TRD PRO is stuck at the port. If I don’t hear back from the sales manager by Tuesday morning, I’ll make contact with the sales manager and request to speak to the regional Toyota rep myself to figure out:
1. Why has my truck been stuck at the port for over a month?
2. When will my PRO be delivered to the dealer?

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My trailhunter vin didn’t fall in the TSB listing..was built 8/23
Sponsored