Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
@TacoFreak according to Toyota’s website my PRO just arrived at the dealer this morning. Of course, the credit union I use is closed until Monday so I can’t pick up a check until that time. However, it looks like the mystery of my TRD PRO is finally coming to a close. Will provide more updates once I speak to the dealership.

How’s your PRO been so far?
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TacoFreak according to Toyota’s website my PRO just arrived at the dealer this morning. Of course, the credit union I use is closed until Monday so I can’t pick up a check until that time. However, it looks like the mystery of my TRD PRO is finally coming to a close. Will provide more updates once I speak to the dealership.

How’s your PRO been so far?
Excellent! I hope this is for real and that you can get your truck early next week. It has been a long and ugly journey but it seems to be almost over. That also seems to align with my thought that there never was anything wrong with your truck, but that Toyota simply lost it in their system. If you hadn't dug into this you might never have gotten your truck. I look forward to updates!

I love mine so far. From the way it looks to how it drives to all of the many features. I had the bonus yesterday of seeing it out of the transmission TSB VIN range and it shifts perfectly. I have just one assembly issue, which is the driver's side bed trim, which won't stay down at the front. My dealer already had a replacement part on order before I saw it, although it is back ordered by hundreds of units.

Here is an image from Thursday when I finally got mine. Hang in there - these trucks are worth it!

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma TDDay1

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent! I hope this is for real and that you can get your truck early next week. It has been a long and ugly journey but it seems to be almost over. That also seems to align with my thought that there never was anything wrong with your truck, but that Toyota simply lost it in their system. If you hadn't dug into this you might never have gotten your truck. I look forward to updates!

I love mine so far. From the way it looks to how it drives to all of the many features. I had the bonus yesterday of seeing it out of the transmission TSB VIN range and it shifts perfectly. I have just one assembly issue, which is the driver's side bed trim, which won't stay down at the front. My dealer already had a replacement part on order before I saw it, although it is back ordered by hundreds of units.

Here is an image from Thursday when I finally got mine. Hang in there - these trucks are worth it!

TDDay1.jpeg
Yeah I’m also hoping this is for real and to get the truck early next week. Waiting for the sales manager to call me, but it’s also still early here in California haha. Anticipate dealer prep for the truck will take at least a day or two. Happy to read you’ve only had 1 issue so far and your dealer ordered a replacement part. I was also relieved to see my trucks vin # not fall within the parameters of the TSB.

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Actually no hybrids being included worries me. I know of two TRD Pros that have had transmission failures, which would mean trucks not included in the TSB might still fail.

Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TacoFreak just got confirmation my TRD PRO has arrived and is at the dealership. The sales manager called me and also sent me a few pictures to verify my truck was delivered this morning. Was told to expect delivery Monday or Tuesday! According to the sales manager, me calling Toyota Brand Engagement likely got the ball rolling on my truck. The sales manager was very apologetic and clear it was not the dealership who was delaying the truck but rather Toyota’s shipping and processing. The dealership has been very good in terms of their communication and willingness to find my TRD PRO. Can’t wait to get this beauty soon!

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma IMG_6768

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma IMG_6770

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma IMG_6769

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@YourOnlineHero Sweet! Underground was my other top color choice and it looks great.

It is a big boost to see pictures of your truck at the dealership and know that it finally has arrived.

It is hard to imagine how long it might have sat at the port if you had not gotten involved and taken action. Good Work!

Post some more pictures once you have it. I spent all morning driving mine and I continue to be amazed at what a perfect truck it is.
Sponsored