Anyone driven one yet?

dirkdiggler

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma Sport, 2018 Tacoma OR
I know there are tons for Youtube influencers who have reviewed them but I'm curious if any normal folk have gotten to test drive one yet. YT influencers all claim the improved torque makes a huge difference but I'm leery of some of these reviews.

Any "regular" humans get to drive one yet? I'm curious if everyday folks will feel the same. There was one Youtuber who reviewed one and said it was nothing to write home about.
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I know there are tons for Youtube influencers who have reviewed them but I'm curious if any normal folk have gotten to test drive one yet. YT influencers all claim the improved torque makes a huge difference but I'm leery of some of these reviews.

Any "regular" humans get to drive one yet? I'm curious if everyday folks will feel the same. There was one Youtuber who reviewed one and said it was nothing to write home about.
Iā€™d be curious to know which YouTuber youā€™re referring to and why their opinion would matter above the countless positive ones.

but, no. I donā€™t think anyone on here or TW has bought one yet.

OP
OP

dirkdiggler

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy didn't seem too impressed. As for his opinion over any of the others, I take them all with a grain of salt. Cars, trucks, guns, guitars., it's all the same lol. Companies wouldn't turn over their products if reviews were 100% honest.

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
I refuse to watch or listen to any of that guy's content. Can not stand him a single bit. At all.

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
This guy didn't seem too impressed. As for his opinion over any of the others, I take them all with a grain of salt. Cars, trucks, guns, guitars., it's all the same lol. Companies wouldn't turn over their products if reviews were 100% honest.

At the end of that review, I felt that he was overall happy with the truck. His summary was that the new Taco shares what made the previous generations great, but Toyota has refined it and made it better. At 22:49, he says ā€œit still drives and feels greatā€.

Of course, I always take reviews with a grain of salt. They can try to focus on the facts and stay as objective as possible, but the way a vehicle drives is very subjective. I will always test drive any vehicle before I sign the dotted line.

Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Doug's perception is skewed. He drives a Carrera GT. He's not going to get into any truck and say "wow this thing really pulls hard" or "the handling on this is fantastic!" He usually drives quirky cars; seldom drives trucks.

OP
OP

dirkdiggler

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doug's perception is skewed. He drives a Carrera GT. He's not going to get into any truck and say "wow this thing really pulls hard" or "the handling on this is fantastic!" He usually drives quirky cars; seldom drives trucks.
The guy is quirky to say the least. I'm sure it will be fine just curious if anyone here had a chance to drive one.

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road

Just had a sighting here in Thunder Bay, Ontario at Wayne Toyota. Got an appointment for a test ride on Friday( day off ). Itā€™s just a regular TRD OR. šŸ¤ž canā€™t wait.

OP
OP

dirkdiggler

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had a sighting here in Thunder Bay, Ontario at Wayne Toyota. Got an appointment for a test ride on Friday( day off ). Itā€™s just a regular TRD OR. šŸ¤ž canā€™t wait.
Keep us posted.

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
Well the test ride was a success. The ride as everyone has claimed is great. Smooth acceleration, bumps are absorbed nicely and handling is very responsive. Mind you Iā€™m going from a 2007 TRD OR with leaf springs. But regardless I would not expect anything less from a 4G Tacoma. All the new tech is awesome and up to date with all the other new vehicles Iā€™ve seen. The engine is smooth and when you hit it, it takes off like you would expect from all the hype. But I did ride my 2007 Taco with the 4L, V6 right after and wellll the pickup is I think is comparable. The one big thing for me at 5ā€™5ā€ was the height of the truck. I put a 2ā€ lift in my 2007 and this 2024 OR was still higher. Over all I love the new design all the tech, power and handling. This is a great truck. Now even more I canā€™t wait for my TRD PRO whenever that comes out . Letā€™s goooooo!!!
QUOTE="dirkdiggler, post: 29667, member: 3481"]
Keep us posted.
[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

Gampy164

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I test drove a 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Plus 4WD yesterday at my local dealership in Evansville , IN. Iā€˜m coming from a 2022 Tundra 1794 TRD OFF-ROAD with the 6 foot bed that I drove for 18 months, and put over 40,000 miles on it.

The new Tacoma rides much better than the Tundra in my opinion. The fit and finish appeared to be better as well, except for the glovebox. It was loose and had lots of play. It didnā€™t rattle during the drive. Not sure what was up with that. The Tundra seats were uncomfortable to me, especially after drives over an hour. I immediately felt the difference when I sat in the Tacoma. Much more comfortable and supportive. You can hear the 4 cylinder engine, but it is not intrusive. The torque is there and nice. The truck felt solid and soaked up bumps and road imperfections well. This is a great truck!
2024 Tacoma Anyone driven one yet? IMG_8988
2024 Tacoma Anyone driven one yet? IMG_8989
2024 Tacoma Anyone driven one yet? IMG_8991

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I test drove a 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Plus 4WD yesterday at my local dealership in Evansville , IN. Iā€˜m coming from a 2022 Tundra 1794 TRD OFF-ROAD with the 6 foot bed that I drove for 18 months, and put over 40,000 miles on it.

The new Tacoma rides much better than the Tundra in my opinion. The fit and finish appeared to be better as well, except for the glovebox. It was loose and had lots of play. It didnā€™t rattle during the drive. Not sure what was up with that. The Tundra seats were uncomfortable to me, especially after drives over an hour. I immediately felt the difference when I sat in the Tacoma. Much more comfortable and supportive. You can hear the 4 cylinder engine, but it is not intrusive. The torque is there and nice. The truck felt solid and soaked up bumps and road imperfections well. This is a great truck!
IMG_8988.jpeg
IMG_8989.jpeg
IMG_8991.jpeg

Perfectā€¦This is is the comparison Iā€™ve been looking for! We currently have ā€˜23 Tundra TRD Pro, with ā€˜24 Tacoma TRD OR Premium in coming.
Iā€™ve been happy with the Tundra, but it has too many little annoyances for me, fit/finish and noises. Maybe Iā€™m too OCD, but I want to enjoy my truck when Iā€™m using it, or looking at it.

Iā€™ve been able to look at a few of the new Tacomas but not drive. The fit/finish of all appeared to be better than my Tundra. In fact, I struggled to find imperfection, which according to my wife is rare:LOL:
Sponsored