Sponsored

Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”?

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
There are multiple ebay vendors selling these between $75 - $100, shipping directly from China. It's tempting to give them a shot but who knows the quality...

OP
OP
BaronVonWolfenheiser
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
There are multiple ebay vendors selling these between $75 - $100, shipping directly from China. It's tempting to give them a shot but who knows the quality...
Exactly, I’m sure someone on here has bit the bullet and ordered some. Looks too good to be true.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I ordered a set. They’re decently made. I haven’t installed them as I’m still trying to figure out a way to wire them up. The only “instructions” say which color activates which function. There’s zero info on where to tap into the wiring on the Tacoma. I’m a bit reluctant to 1) take the bumper off my truck again, and 2) start soldering in various wires to see what works. So for now, they remain in the box, waiting on some other poor sap to figure this stuff out.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I went ahead and removed the bumper - again - to install the fang lights. This is the physical install. I left the wiring to be done later, once we figure out the correct place to tap into the stock wiring harness. Note that I zip-tied the plugs to existing wiring so its easy to access once it's all back together.

A couple of observations: I don't think you can do this install without removing the bumper. The stock inserts have very stiff tabs, and the mounting points are fragile. I would advise against trying to pry this out from the outside. Bumper removal isn't that hard, took about 10 minutes the second time. FYI.

2024 Tacoma Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”? IMG_2323.JPG

2024 Tacoma Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”? IMG_2316.JPG

2024 Tacoma Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”? IMG_2324.JPG

2024 Tacoma Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”? IMG_2317.JPG

2024 Tacoma Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”? IMG_2320.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Silverado 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I went ahead and removed the bumper - again - to install the fang lights. This is the physical install. I left the wiring to be done later, once we figure out the correct place to tap into the stock wiring harness. Note that I zip-tied the plugs to existing wiring so its easy to access once it's all back together.

A couple of observations: I don't think you can do this install without removing the bumper. The stock inserts have very stiff tabs, and the mounting points are fragile. I would advise against trying to pry this out from the outside. Bumper removal isn't that hard, took about 10 minutes the second time. FYI.

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG
very curious about this, when thinking about the wiring though. I immediately think about either picking up some fuse taps and/or some headlight splitters. anything in the way to prevent this? Love the idea of calling these fang lights though +1

Last edited:

Suzay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport
very curious about this, when thinking about the wiring though. I immediately think about either picking up some fuse taps and/or some headlight splitters. anything in the way to prevent this? Love the idea of calling these fang lights though +1
Did you ever find out what wires to connect the yellow wires to and the red wire to a add a fuse tap?

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever find out what wires to connect the yellow wires to and the red wire to a add a fuse tap?
I haven't bought any of these lights yet but if I had to take a guess after doing some chinese language googling red (+) white (-) and yellow (gnd)

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Just installed these and came to figure out if anyone knows what wires to TTap into.

I have a signal wire, which I already tapped into, but now I'm left with a wire for low beams and a wire for DRL.

Playing around with the headlight wiring I was only able to find one singular wire that provided power to the aftermarket lights but that were stays hot as long as the vehicle is in ACC or started. So for now I just tapped into that using the DRL wire on the aftermarket lights so I still get the cool sweeping startup, but I would like to wire it correctly

2024 Tacoma Anyone installed DRL fog light “Fang Lights”? 20240919_180840

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I haven't bought any of these lights yet but if I had to take a guess after doing some chinese language googling red (+) white (-) and yellow (gnd)
Mine has 4 wires. Signal (orange) low beam (white) DRL (RED) Ground (black)

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has 4 wires. Signal (orange) low beam (white) DRL (RED) Ground (black)
True, I forgot these had a turn signal mode. So for this one I think red (DRL) yellow (signal) and white (gnd/negative)
Sponsored