ARB Compressor Mounting

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
I’ve been researching some options for mounting an ARB Twin Compressor on the 4th gen. There’s a couple companies (SDHQ and Blaze) that say they’re working on something, but dang I miss having on board air.

After a ton of research I have an idea. I’m pondering buying the bed compressor mount from All Pro Off Road, cutting a hole in my bed and mounting it there like was possible on the previous generations with the bed storage boxes. I’m waiting for All Pro to provide dimensions so I can double check that the mounting bracket will fit. Climbing under the truck there looks to be plenty of room.

Curious to see what other people’s plans are for onboard air and wanted to share my idea.
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Curious to see what other people’s plans are for onboard air and wanted to share my idea.
I'm hoping to mount my ARB single compressor that I pulled out of my 2016 and find room under the hood for it. My OR is on a choo-choo headed north.

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping to mount my ARB single compressor that I pulled out of my 2016 and find room under the hood for it. My OR is on a choo-choo headed north.
For the single, there should be plenty of room under the hood. Doesn’t seem to be enough room for the twin…despite how spacious the engine compartment looks at first glance.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I wouldn’t be cutting into a vehicle for an air compressor, but that’s just me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
geonerdist

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After much more pondering and some phone calls. SDHQ says their kit will be released within the next 30 days, so I’m going to be patient. Theirs will mount to the frame rail above the spare tire. Then I’m hoping to mount my Apex hose reel in the engine bay.

I’ll follow up here when it’s all done.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
I mounted our dual ARB in the engine bay of our Wrangler JL and found the heat of the engine was just too much. Opted to change it to an under seat option and it was perfect. That's what I would look to do in the Tacoma.
Sponsored