apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Hi All,

I have had my Tacoma TRD Sport 2024 for one day and automatic tailgate stopped working just out of nothing. When I press the button it makes "two biiip noises" . It still operates manually no problems and does soft-close etc. I have't really done much to it. I will probably have to take it to the service center but was wondering if it's not the bug but some kind of feature that I enabled by accident.

I know that on a steering wheel there is a button "OK" which if pressed gets you into the "Vehicle Settings" when you can enable/disable powered tailgate but it does nothing for me. Still "two bips". The tailgate did work for me...sadly for just one day
Sponsored

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Bummer. I would try unchecking and turning off. Restart and check the selection and turn off. Then when started again try both buttons on the sides and the fob.

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Hi All,

I have had my Tacoma TRD Sport 2024 for one day and automatic tailgate stopped working just out of nothing. When I press the button it makes "two biiip noises" . It still operates manually no problems and does soft-close etc. I have't really done much to it. I will probably have to take it to the service center but was wondering if it's not the bug but some kind of feature that I enabled by accident.

I know that on a steering wheel there is a button "OK" which if pressed gets you into the "Vehicle Settings" when you can enable/disable powered tailgate but it does nothing for me. Still "two bips". The tailgate did work for me...sadly for just one day
Did you get this fixed? Not good for a much touted feature.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Hopefully its a easy fix...powered tailgate on a truck..yeah if you have physical disability..otherwise to me its a gimmick thats not needed...jmho...

Abelo19

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road Premium
Hi All,

Hey!

So I recently picked up a ‘24 TRD Off-road. I started having the same issue but it is intermittent. I tend to go through a car wash more than I should and noticed it happens only after I run through a wash or heavy rain, it clears up after a day or two. I found the wire harnesses in the manual basically directly under the hitch, there’s three. I disconnected them to find they were filled with water. I used a little dialectic grease and it has helped, but it’s going in next week to see if the connections are leaking which clearly they are.

It’s a silly feature on a light tailgate, but it’s still frustrating when you get a new vehicle! My tailgate will open with power but I get the same two beeps when I go to close it when it’s acting up.

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Hey!

So I recently picked up a ‘24 TRD Off-road. I started having the same issue but it is intermittent. I tend to go through a car wash more than I should and noticed it happens only after I run through a wash or heavy rain, it clears up after a day or two. I found the wire harnesses in the manual basically directly under the hitch, there’s three. I disconnected them to find they were filled with water. I used a little dialectic grease and it has helped, but it’s going in next week to see if the connections are leaking which clearly they are.

It’s a silly feature on a light tailgate, but it’s still frustrating when you get a new vehicle! My tailgate will open with power but I get the same two beeps when I go to close it when it’s acting up.
Wet harnesses seem par for the 4g at this point. Could be something similar to the grill shutter issues

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Hi All,

hi I’m a little late weighing in on this, but I just had mine act up on me the other day after it was being stupid and not wanting to open because it thought the vehicle behind me was too close. So, I forced it to open. After that it just beeped and wouldn’t open the next time I tried. I think it might have memory, like on a suv automatic rear hatch, where it tries to remember what you like the most. The way I fixed it was by going to the handle on the tailgate and holding the button down for 10 seconds or so. When I did that it dropped like normal and had worked fine up and down since then.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Hi All,

hi I’m a little late weighing in on this, but I just had mine act up on me the other day after it was being stupid and not wanting to open because it thought the vehicle behind me was too close. So, I forced it to open. After that it just beeped and wouldn’t open the next time I tried. I think it might have memory, like on a suv automatic rear hatch, where it tries to remember what you like the most. The way I fixed it was by going to the handle on the tailgate and holding the button down for 10 seconds or so. When I did that it dropped like normal and had worked fine up and down since then.

wyadk

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Following up on this.. because my 24 Tacoma off road power tailgate decided to stop working. I tried trying to turn off and on the power tailgate and it worked.. but only temporarily unfortunately.

I only have 990 miles on it too, which is a big bummer. Will have to visit the dealership and hope they can do something.

Aj3

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma limited
[

Hey I was wondering if you had any luck getting it fixed. Mine is doing the same thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
apryakhin

apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Yes - I took it to the dealership and they fixed it (was something with the hinge that somehow came off). It took just a few hours of waiting.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Yes - I took it to the dealership and they fixed it (was something with the hinge that somehow came off). It took just a few hours of waiting.
Do we have a list of things to check after purchase? Would be nice to have an up to date personal PDI 😅, very happy to hear it was a relatively easy fix

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Limited Taco, ‘17 ORP 4Runner, ‘18 RAV4
I had my power tailgate start giving me issues when i first installed the OEM trifold. Noticed at the dealer and they "reset" the tailgate. Worked fine at the dealer, but started the same thing at home. It took 5 phone calls for them to tell me how to "reset" the tailgate. With the tailgate open, run your finger under the rubber gasket on both sides of the tailgate as it sits open. Sounded stupid to me, but sure enough, that's what it took. After a couple of weeks with the new cover and probably around 10 "resets" and it has been rock solid ever since. Not sure on the carwash and water issues, but definitely helped me through the breakin period for my bed cover.
Sponsored