Sponsored

Latoure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Thank you. Well that ruined my plans to add a lightweight camper:( I guess I’ll never believe what I read online again.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
No real skid plates either..
In all honesty, how many people take these trucks off road? At least there’s real aftermarket skit plates for them.

09jsw

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4d trd or
In all honesty, how many people take these trucks off road? At least there’s real aftermarket skit plates for them.
Not many I bet. I just figured for the cost of them and my basic 2004 Trd OR has some stock.

Sponsored

Blueskyday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf r, jeep grand
Without a full size spare, I can't get an off-road beach sticker...

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can the “off road” package not have a real spare tire? That’s disappointing. Thanks for the info!
Someone had asked if a larger spare tire would fit under the truck and it appears as if the answer will be no after I looked under the truck today. The rear hitch bar only allows room for a slightly larger tire than the smaller spare.
IMG_5474.jpg
IMG_5475.jpg
IMG_5476.jpg

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Without a full size spare, I can't get an off-road beach sticker...
Thing is, unless I totally don't understand tire measurements, the spare is basically full size. A 265/70R17 is 31.6" in diameter while a 245/75R17 is 31.46" in diameter. That's a difference of 0.14". The bigger difference is in the tire width. The 265 is 10.4" wide while the 245 is 9.64" wide... nearly an inch in width lost.

Based on Catoy's photos, I don't see any reason one couldn't put a legit fifth all-terrain under there if one needed/wanted to.

Or I don't understand tires like I think I do, in which case let the laughter ensue.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thing is, unless I totally don't understand tire measurements, the spare is basically full size. A 265/70R17 is 31.6" in diameter while a 245/75R17 is 31.46" in diameter. That's a difference of 0.14". The bigger difference is in the tire width. The 265 is 10.4" wide while the 245 is 9.64" wide... nearly an inch in width lost.

Based on Catoy's photos, I don't see any reason one couldn't put a legit fifth all-terrain under there if one needed/wanted to.

Or I don't understand tires like I think I do, in which case let the laughter ensue.
I agree, it’s sort of misleading to call it a full size spare when it’s clearly marked temporary. I think most will assume it’s the same exact size and that you can drive with it as usual which is not true.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Thank you. Well that ruined my plans to add a lightweight camper:( I guess I’ll never believe what I read online again.
What you read online probably refers to the hybrid models which have a higher payload #

Sponsored
OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm averaging fill ups of ~14.9 gallons and I believe i will be averaging ~20.5mpg in my truck which should easily give me a range of ~300 miles. As you can see in my numbers, I have stretched my fill ups as far as I felt safe to do so and typically wont go this far after I'm done with my mpg trials. The low range is a little disappointing, no other issues to report for the first 970 miles. I plan on changing the oil at 5k miles. I do still need to lower my tire pressures to 30 as they are still sitting at 40 from the dealer and I'm hoping that doesn't hit my gas mileage too much. The adaptive cruise control is my favorite thing about this truck so far as I have a stop and go commute and the truck practically drives itself. The seat was a little uncomfortable on the one long drive I took it on, this could just be my old aching body. The digital rear view mirror is great in the daytime, no so much at night. I have gotten use to the sound system and accept it for what it is, am OEM system. The headlights are just right and the auto high beams are great for those dark windy roads, I keep that feature off around town as it turns them on and off more than necessary. The 14" screen is awesome with Apple Carplay and Waze. The configurable 12.3 dash is also excellent and gives you most information you need as a touch of a couple buttons cycling through the three screens. The ride is a little on the rough side, I expected that and prefer it to a soft ride and the truck feels like it's built well without and rattles other than my passenger seat belt tapping the pillar. I have only had one passenger in the back so far and she didn't complain and I have a couple more inches that I can move my driver's seat up for short rides, I personally wouldn't want to sit there for an hour or more. I have yet to get on it, the power feels great for a truck it's size and I'm sure that there's plenty more if needed. The high ride height took a couple days to get used to coming from driving lower sports cars. I feel a lot safer in this truck than I do my other cars.

MPG.jpg

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_5636.jpg
IMG_5637.jpg
IMG_5639.jpg
IMG_5640.jpg
IMG_5641.jpg
IMG_5642.jpg
IMG_5643.jpg
IMG_5644.jpg
IMG_5645.jpg
IMG_5648.jpg

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
@CATOY
Since your reply’s are so detailed, any chance you looked into the prewired aux switches and how accessories hook up to them?

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CATOY
Since your reply’s are so detailed, any chance you looked into the prewired aux switches and how accessories hook up to them?
I looked at the bag the other day, still haven’t opened it. I’m guessing that all that info is in the manual I have yet to start reading. I still need to open the bag to see if I received two or three. The look different when looking at them through the bag. I think I remember someone saying there was one connector somewhere in the cab and others somewhere else. I will open the bag and get some pictures and that will probably give us more info.
Sponsored