Sponsored

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
I really like what you have done OP. Looks great!

Your right the KO3 are noticeably heavier.
Took a fairly long 500 mile trip yesterday with them on, about 18.4 mpg highway/Two lane driving 80/20 mix respectively.

Stock tires on the OR was about 20.5 combined. The KO3 are still an upgrade for me in what I do with them, even if fuel economy suffers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
šŸŒ® Tuesday update!

Derped the front emblem! Was hoping to track down the black overlay from Toyota but itā€™s not yet available. I had a can of Plastidip laying around so decided to black it out! Five coats plus a top layer of glossifier and it turned out great! So much more stealth! The second photo nicely shows the fog lights smoked with Xpel film.

The emblem was very easy to remove without even removing the grill!

IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3152.jpeg

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Screen Protech antiglare kit. Only the film for the 14ā€ multimedia screen is antiglare. The kit also comes with pieces to protect instrument cluster, the hvac screen, the heat seat buttons, the blanks below (cooled seat buttons on premium package/Limited), and the 4x4 selector screen. The kit comes with everything needed to install successfully. I opted for the optional spare just in case but didnā€™t need it. I have it for sale in the marketplace on this forum If anyone is interested.

It took a few attempts to get the instrument cluster film centered but in the end it worked out great with no defects. Itā€™s important to be sure you have ample spray solution both on the surface you are applying to and on the entire back surface of the film.

I am very happy with the result. I intentionally took the pic below when it was bright out so it is clear how well the antiglare works.

IMG_3196.jpeg

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
Ok ok, Iā€™ll trade trucks with you. šŸ˜ Looks good, wheel fitment and color is spot on.

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After seeing several posts on the forums and FB of wider offsets and excessive rock chips, I decided to have Apex Filmwerks (Apex NC) add some protection to these wide hips. He removed the small piece of PPF that came on the truck and replaced with Xpel covering the most likely impact zone

Traced to location of the film so you can see where itā€™s placed.

IMG_3900.jpeg
IMG_3901.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a ā€œtrail pipeā€ from my local dealerā€™s online parts site and received next day. Cost was $104. Install was easy but did require slightly jacking the back up to maneuver the old pipe out.

Happy with the clean look. Slight drone at idle but otherwise very little difference in sound.

IMG_4698.jpeg
IMG_4706.jpeg
IMG_4700.jpeg
IMG_4699.jpeg
IMG_4728.jpeg

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Very tasteful upgrades. Very similar to what Iā€™m about to do. My 6foot oxide will be here next week. Did you see what a muffler shop would cost first? 104 is not bad if you install yourself. Did you ceramic coat after the Ppf? Still debating that as well as tinting the moon roof.

OP
OP
Tekoma

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very tasteful upgrades. Very similar to what Iā€™m about to do. My 6foot oxide will be here next week. Did you see what a muffler shop would cost first? 104 is not bad if you install yourself. Did you ceramic coat after the Ppf? Still debating that as well as tinting the moon roof.
Thanks and awesome that you have one on the way! With a newborn just arrived didnā€™t have time to go get quotes but my guess is $60-$100 to have one made at a local exhaust shop.

I have supplies for ceramic coat, now I need to find the time to do it!

Iā€™m very happy with tint on the sunroof. It makes a big difference, I have the shade open far more than I would it didnā€™t have the additional tint.
Sponsored