Caps / Camper Shell -- Leer or ARE?

Rodeogeo

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Audi A6 Allroad
My TRD Offroad, double cab, 5 foot bed shows up next week after being on a QC hold. I need a shell for the bed to put the pups in.

Had a Leer on my gen 2 Tacoma that worked well. I've looked into the ARE and Leer a bit. Are they custom made for the Gen 4 Taco or are they a generic fit?
And which one would you get? Both are around the $4K cost point.

Thanks
Sponsored

ALF44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tucson Hybrid, waiting Sport Premium
My TRD Offroad, double cab, 5 foot bed shows up next week after being on a QC hold. I need a shell for the bed to put the pups in.

Had a Leer on my gen 2 Tacoma that worked well. I've looked into the ARE and Leer a bit. Are they custom made for the Gen 4 Taco or are they a generic fit?
And which one would you get? Both are around the $4K cost point.

Thanks
I had Leers on both my 2nd and 3rd gen and have been pleased with both of them. I plan to stick with another Leer for my 4th gen now. I am looking at the Leer 100XR and adding the keyless entry feature. Cost in Canada will probably get close to the $5k mark once you add in the install and the extras I want. They are specifically made for the new gen, I am waiting until I can do the fit my truck online for my model to show up and then I will order one.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Had a mid rise on my GMC Elevation from ARE and loved it; been checking to see when both Leer and ARE will have the '24 Taco caps ready (although I might go with a Tundra due to the 18 gal tank in the Taco, 32 in the Tundra), and might even splurge for the Moonlander for my over landing adventures.

reklov

First Name
@VentureOutTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OFF-Road Premium
Looking like the only company that has toppers are ARE and SmartCap (rel in july) although I've read that a lot of issues like leaking is happening with the smartcap. They claim to be waterproof but it doesn't look like it.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I was quoted a price the other day from a Leer dealer for an XR with one windoor for $2600.
Sponsored