CarPlay Reports/Suggestions for Toyota

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
I have problems with CarPlay once a phone call has been made on any given trip. Things work fine at the beginning of each trip. However, after one phone call, Siri stops "listening." It's as though the mic no longer functions. The rest of CarPlay works, but you simply can't text or call any longer without stopping, turning off the vehicle, and restarting. I would like to pass this info on to Toyota; perhaps a simple software update can be made. But my dealer doesn't seem interested. The guys just shrug and look at me like, What do you want me to do? (This is not the only frustration/disappointment with Eddy's. In Wichita, there it's the only choice. I recommend leaving town and driving [anywhere] to get better service.) How do you pass info up the chain if the dealer doesn't do it?
Sponsored

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
I have problems with CarPlay once a phone call has been made on any given trip. Things work fine at the beginning of each trip. However, after one phone call, Siri stops "listening." It's as though the mic no longer functions. The rest of CarPlay works, but you simply can't text or call any longer without stopping, turning off the vehicle, and restarting. I would like to pass this info on to Toyota; perhaps a simple software update can be made. But my dealer doesn't seem interested. The guys just shrug and look at me like, What do you want me to do? (This is not the only frustration/disappointment with Eddy's. In Wichita, there it's the only choice. I recommend leaving town and driving [anywhere] to get better service.) How do you pass info up the chain if the dealer doesn't do it?
I read somewhere that people drive to Midwest Toyota to avoid Eddy’s.

OP
OP
datkins

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
That’s exactly what I do! It’s a 90 mile round trip — and worth every mile.

To be clear, I’ve only made one trip to Midwest for an oil change but I’m going back. They are a small, multi-brand dealer. I’ll mention the Apple Play thing to them on the next trip. I don’t plan to do business with Eddy’s again.
Sponsored