Sponsored

Check Engine Light/FP-Sensor

Chileburger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 BMW 2002, 1971 BMW 2800cs, 2001, 2024 Taco!
Correction: it wasn’t the fuel pressure regulator it was the fuel pressure sensor.

@2002 miles the check engine light as well as several malfunction warnings that popped up on the screen. The truck ran fine. I took it to the dealer and it turns out that it needs a new fuel pressure regulator. I dropped it off yesterday and they hope to have it back by Friday.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
First I've seen on this issue. Most of these have been the grill shutter system.

OP
OP
Chileburger

Chileburger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 BMW 2002, 1971 BMW 2800cs, 2001, 2024 Taco!
141 miles later and the check engine light is on again. I think it’s the same code which was for the cylinder 1 fuel injector. So back to the dealer. I also noticed that the cowling at the base of the windshield is warping. I was my truck myself every week and hadn’t noticed this until today when I was cleaning the windshield. I live in a very mild climate so it’s definitely not heat related.

IMG_1293.jpeg

OldTimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 2wd
Mine also has warped cowling and is apparently quite common (vehicles have the same area warping). I forget which forum, but there was a thread dedicated to the issue. Update if your dealer takes care of this for you, I plan to have them address the issue on my first service interval.
Sponsored