Sponsored

Delivered Vehicle Doesn't Match Allocation?

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
Just curious, if anyone has come across this before... I have a deposit on an Underground Off-Road with the Premium Package. Dealer called today and said the truck came in. One small problem, it's ~6K cheaper. My guess, it doesn't have the Premium package even though the allocation sheet said it would. I'm pissed. I am not going to take delivery on a truck that doesn't have the options I want (not at this price). I don't see any allocations at the other dealers in the area with the color/package I want. It could be months which causes another predicament as my son was planning on taking over my 2013 2.5G Tacoma when he gets his license next week. Now we are forced to share a vehicle or I'm going to have to find a used car.
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Did you have an ADM or a ton of Port accessories? Mine went down (only $500) because some door protector thing was removed from the build. I hope yours is what you expect. Did you look it up on the Spreadsheet or SmartPath?

OP
OP

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
[Update] Talked to dealer. Toyota changed allocation sheet 1 week ago (4 weeks after build) and dropped the premium package. Wtf. Guess they were out of sunroofs or something when it was being built so they just made it without the package. I told the dealer I don’t want it and asked him to expand their search area for what i do want out to ~150 miles. I found a couple at that range that may be available in the next couple of months. It sucks that the truck would have to be driven that far (nice to have little to no miles on a new vehicle) but maybe I can get the dealer to throw something in to sweeten the deal for inconveniencing me.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, if anyone has come across this before... I have a deposit on an Underground Off-Road with the Premium Package. Dealer called today and said the truck came in. One small problem, it's ~6K cheaper. My guess, it doesn't have the Premium package even though the allocation sheet said it would. I'm pissed. I am not going to take delivery on a truck that doesn't have the options I want (not at this price). I don't see any allocations at the other dealers in the area with the color/package I want. It could be months which causes another predicament as my son was planning on taking over my 2013 2.5G Tacoma when he gets his license next week. Now we are forced to share a vehicle or I'm going to have to find a used car.
Sucks man , maybe do your own search and see if you can find something sooner? For sure don't settle till you get what you want.

Sponsored

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
what did your dealer say? Does the vehicle VIN match to what is online?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Something about this doesn't sound right. Have you been tracking this truck through the allocation sheet? It's almost like he never had the exact allocation and lied about it thinking you'd be ready to take anything by now, or they sold it to someone else with a mark up.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Is the VIN different? That is a big difference and I would wait.

OP
OP

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
[Update] Dealer called today. They have another allocation coming that is exactly what I want. Just have to wait another couple of months. Regarding questions on the VIN - the VIN on the one I previously had a deposit on matched the truck that came in. I was told Toyota changed the allocation sheet after the build and it's something that happens on occasion. Either way, at least I have a second chance.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
I would cross the phony vin and where it will be delivered, pay attention to the price and then go on the dealer website to verify that is your truck.
Sponsored