Sponsored

Deposit Question 2024 TRD PRO -- how long for dealer to allocate your truck after placing deposit?

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Toyota has never said the Pro or TH are limited production. They clearly stated that only 5,000 First Edition LCs would be sold. If they are not limited, then how many will they make? If they make 8-10,000 Pros and there are 1,277 Toyota dealers in the US, that's 6-8 per dealer. Since they started late this year, maybe half that number?
Iā€™m unsure on the exact number of 2024 Trail hunters and TRD PROā€™s being produced, but would be interested if anyone has a ball park range or source. Imagine we should see more of these higher end trim models like the Trail Hunter and TRD PRO arriving to dealers considering Q2 is coming to a close. Too bad that allocation sheet hasnā€™t been updated since April. I have been checking the Toyota Website to see updated inventory for both trims. Iā€™m not too experienced with dealer allocations, but my guess is smaller dealers would likely get 1-2 higher end trims while larger dealers could possibly get 3-8+ higher end trim models . This is entirely speculation and my research relies on the internet.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would start by finding out what spot you are in line. Then understand that most high volume dealers only get a few per year. At least thatā€™s how it was for the previous gen and how it is for all other models. Also, if they donā€™t require you to settle on a color and you care more about having the truck than a specific color, I recommend telling them any color will work for you since this can better your chances of getting one. I placed my deposit over a year ago and was able to skip many people in line because I didnā€™t have a color preference.
Found out Iā€™m #2 in line at the dealer. #1 is after underground with red cock put interior and Iā€™m after ice cap white with red cock put interior. Sales manager also mentioned since Iā€™m early on the deposit list heā€™s confident the dealership will get a truck in the next 3-5 months possibly sooner. What new Taco did you score?

Guine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Found out Iā€™m #2 in line at the dealer. #1 is after underground with red cock put interior and Iā€™m after ice cap white with red cock put interior. Sales manager also mentioned since Iā€™m early on the deposit list heā€™s confident the dealership will get a truck in the next 3-5 months possibly sooner. What new Taco did you score?
That is super promising honestly. I got the Terra which wasnā€™t my first choice but the first one the dealer got so Iā€™ll take it. Should be here in a few weeks.

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is super promising honestly. I got the Terra which wasnā€™t my first choice but the first one the dealer got so Iā€™ll take it. Should be here in a few weeks.
What interior did you get to go along with Terra? Congrats on finding out your TRD PRO will be here in a few weeks

Guine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
What interior did you get to go along with Terra? Congrats on finding out your TRD PRO will be here in a few weeks
The Terras only come with black interior. I believe itā€™s because itā€™s the exclusive Pro color this year and Toyota doesnā€™t want us double dipping lol and thanks! This last month has been the hardest šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Terras only come with black interior. I believe itā€™s because itā€™s the exclusive Pro color this year and Toyota doesnā€™t want us double dipping lol and thanks! This last month has been the hardest šŸ˜‚
My Toyota sales guy called and informed me their dealer got a Hybrid Tacoma in. He wasnā€™t trying to sell it to me at all, but did ask if I wanted to take it for a test drive since the TRD PRO will have the same engine. Any update on your Terra TRD PRO?

Last edited:

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
3 months and I finally gave up. Found the exact vehicle 100 miles away. Central Oregon.
Sponsored