Sponsored

Does TRD Off-Road Hybrid Tacoma come with 18" wheels?

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Gentleman i apologize if this has been mentioned before, i also apologize for a run on sentence, poor gramer or punctuation
Waiting for the 2025 models to come, ive decided im going to order a TRD,Offroad, Hybrid …….The question i cant find an answer to is the wheels? ,i realize the sport models have 18 “ wheels im fine with that, i feel ive read or heard somwhere that the hybrid models come with 18 “ wheels also , offroad models ? Does anybody have an answer to this ?
thanks for help
Sponsored

OP
OP

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Thank you guys, i apreciate this, i want 18 ‘ wheels… thanks for overlooking my run on sentences.
Cheers, David

RESQCAT

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter (Underground)
18s are a nice tire. The Goodyear Terrains that came with my Trailhunter are not snow rated, and are not really optimal for more aggressive offroading which I do. They do look pretty nice and would be sufficient for car-camping type/light offroad usage in my opinion.

Just for discussion, if you are offroading more than forest service roads, 17 in wheels appear to be the sweet spot at least from my experience and significant research on the net. You get more sidewall for airing down, protection for the wheel, etc. But it is an expense especially after that sweet pain of forking over 10s of thousands for a new truck. My solution? I went up to 285/70R17 to keep speedo almost the same, and I kept my 18 in wheels for a set of dedicated snow tires. I did not feel that 35s would offer me much over staying with 33s.

This way I bought one set of Method 17 in bead grip wheels, not two, but have mounted tire sets. Due to the conditions here, and my use case for my truck, I purchased and will mount Falken AT4Ws for seven months, studded Cooper Snowclaws for five months. My new tires are on order. I found that the latter make a huge difference on the glaze water-covered solid ice we often see here in the PNW.
Sponsored