Finally test drove a Hybrid...

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
He meant computers. Period. Like in any form. And he is a lovable idiot.
Sponsored

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
Back on topic - I understand the more power especially down low. I've always been a FOMO buyer, get everything just in case you MAY need it. But I don't think I'll need the battery. I initially only wanted the hybrid but after driving the truck and having a fast vehicle I think the stock TRD engine is strong. And the under seat storage IS actually something I want.
If I didn't have the fun car then I would likely have went hybrid though.

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max
Back on topic - I understand the more power especially down low. I've always been a FOMO buyer, get everything just in case you MAY need it. But I don't think I'll need the battery. I initially only wanted the hybrid but after driving the truck and having a fast vehicle I think the stock TRD engine is strong. And the under seat storage IS actually something I want.
If I didn't have the fun car then I would likely have went hybrid though.
I currently have the fun car and fun truck. I've decided to continue that pairing.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
ICE engines absolutely are not coming to an end anytime soon, especially for Toyota. This whole ev thing is an absolute failed experiment . Hybrid tech along with possible hydrogen internal combustion engines are the future
EV's are not a failed experiment in my view. For those who use it in town only or have a short commute to work they make great sense. Prices needed to come down and range and battery tech needs to be improved but that will happen in time. The Rivian R1T is a great electric pickup. If the range was 400 miles and they used the Tesla Supercharger network with a built in NAC port I would get one and they cleaned up their software a bit more. The second generation trucks will be improved and closer to what I would want. I already have a 240 volt system installed to charge family and friends EV's when they visit.
Sponsored