Sponsored

Want-a-taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR 6MT
It would be really nice to be able to plug in a brake controller when towing 6400 pounds . My TRD sport has no provision for a brake controller . My 2006 , 2010 , 2016 and 2020 Tacomas had a plug for my aftermarket brake controll . Nobody can find it on the 2024 . Let us know if you can find it
Salesman told me (take it with a grain of salt), that they are doing a brake controller install in a week. They will wire the whole thing, hooked up to the brake pedal switch. They apparently found the wire that goes from the cab to the brake pin on the 7-pin under the rear seat, so they will only need to run a wire from the dash to the back seat.

They are not that hard to wire, I've done it before. However, it's much cleaner and easier with a harness. I don't know why they felt the need to save 75¢ on a 50K$ truck.

I will do it myself when I get mine, I don't trust the dealer to do it, wiring is not their specialty. There's other specialty shops I'd trust more.
Sponsored

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Has anyone removed the trim to the aux switch area? I see in one of the pictures of the fuse box it also had aux 1,2,3 listed. Are their plugs behind the blank switches?

Want-a-taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR 6MT
Salesman told me (take it with a grain of salt), that they are doing a brake controller install in a week. They will wire the whole thing, hooked up to the brake pedal switch. They apparently found the wire that goes from the cab to the brake pin on the 7-pin under the rear seat, so they will only need to run a wire from the dash to the back seat.

They are not that hard to wire, I've done it before. However, it's much cleaner and easier with a harness. I don't know why they felt the need to save 75¢ on a 50K$ truck.

I will do it myself when I get mine, I don't trust the dealer to do it, wiring is not their specialty. There's other specialty shops I'd trust more.
Picked it up 2 weeks ago, they wired it like explained. However I didn't get to try it yet.

Sponsored

Want-a-taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR 6MT
Can you post pics of how it's wired?
Not really, I went against my beliefs and let Toyota do it as they had done it to 3 or 4 other trucks before mine. So I don't know where they picked the wires from and where they ran them.

Dongar

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
5-pin connector in domelight with battery + ignition + ground wires. Intended use is dealer-installed OEM dashcam but could DIY something for anything windshield mounted. Tutorial:

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma
Since most manufacturers use common wiring harnesses across their lineup, I went hunting for unused connectors in my Sport+.

In the front right fuse box under the hood, I found a spot for the inverter relay. I don’t have an inverter, so my plug was empty. However, peering through the hole next to it there was a bundle of white and black wires that appear to be of sufficient gauge to power an inverter, but they are not connected to anything. Just wrapped together. I will investigate further.

In the front left fuse box, I found a 50A fuse that was labelled “TIRE INFL”. After some searching, I have found no explanation. I am a little bit hopeful it is for the tire inflator that might come with higher end models. I will see if I can find a corresponding connector somewhere. Not sure if there is something behind the drivers console for a switch

Behind the right rear seat is a connector that goes nowhere. It has several large wires. Might be useful. I will investigate further.

Possibly some unused connectors under the right rear seat. A blue one caught my eye. Not sure what it’s for.

Another black connector near the rear bumper. Not the Aux connector that has been discussed. Another one. Not sure what the deal is there.

I’m still going to keep looking for more. I’d love to get a wiring diagram for this truck.

Anyone else found some possible points to add undelivered options or possibly places to obtain power for other gadgets? I’m sure there are goodies under the steering wheel area and possibly tucked in behind the taillights.

IMG_1468.jpeg

I was looking for the aux switch "D" location and saw this connector behind driver side rear tire, between body and bed, right where I believe factory tire inflator would go. Wondering if this is tied to the 50 amp fuse labeled tire inflator? I did not check yet to see if it is powered, will do that this weekend.
2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen Connector

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Has anyone removed the trim to the aux switch area? I see in one of the pictures of the fuse box it also had aux 1,2,3 listed. Are their plugs behind the blank switches?
I haven't pulled mine yet, but my Trailhunter came with three wiring harnesses in bags for those aux switches. They have a connector on one end and terminate in bare wire. Based on this, I suspect the switches have a plug connector.

Sponsored

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
From what I have found you need to remove the trim below the left dash vent. These are all held on with clips. Then you can access the lower switch panel. There maybe a screw in the bottom corner of this panel so check before you start pulling. Have not tried this yet but will do this all soon . Will take a few pictures and keep you all posted.

dkichenside

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
From what I have found you need to remove the trim below the left dash vent. These are all held on with clips. Then you can access the lower switch panel. There maybe a screw in the bottom corner of this panel so check before you start pulling. Have not tried this yet but will do this all soon . Will take a few pictures and keep you all posted.
Sorry, I meant access to the Harness in the back where you mentioned it was probably for the compressor. Also, is that switched? Thx!

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Great pictures, thanks! Did that panel just pop out pulling on the bottom, does it just swivel from the top?

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
For those interested, this is the pigtail that came with my Trailhunter for those switches shown in the picture above. There is also a two-pack which is numbered PT948-35450. I got a single (shown below) and a two pack, for a total of 3- the three unlabeled AUX switches in my panel.
Edit: the two pack are not the same connectors. More in next post, so as not to confuse.

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen pigtail

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen real terms

2024 Tacoma Found power connectors / wiring / fuses of interest / wires of interest in the 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_0618
Sponsored

Last edited: