Get text message alerts?

NHbest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Anyone know if I can get text alerts on 2024 Tacoma? I don’t want the text to be announced. I shut that off. I want the text to show up with a sound alerting me. Then hit a button if I want it read or to respond.
It shows up but no sound. Thanks.
Sponsored

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
at least yours shows up. Mine is so inconsistent.

Good luck! lol

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Anyone know if I can get text alerts on 2024 Tacoma? I don’t want the text to be announced. I shut that off. I want the text to show up with a sound alerting me. Then hit a button if I want it read or to respond.
It shows up but no sound. Thanks.
Exactly the way it works with android auto.

OP
OP

NHbest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
You hit a button to read or respond? Or no sound? I have an iPhone.

Sponsored

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Yes I believe it’s thru CarPlay.
I haven’t messed with it too much yet but I believe with CarPlay it’s either turn on announcements which reads your messages right away or they get delivered silently in the background. I leave the messages app in the dock at the left of the screen. When I see the red notification bubble, I’ll just ask Siri to read my messages. I don’t think it will provide a sound in that case but could be wrong. I haven’t used the Toyota system as I always use CarPlay but it may do what you want.

OP
OP

NHbest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I haven’t messed with it too much yet but I believe with CarPlay it’s either turn on announcements which reads your messages right away or they get delivered silently in the background. I leave the messages app in the dock at the left of the screen. When I see the red notification bubble, I’ll just ask Siri to read my messages. I don’t think it will provide a sound in that case but could be wrong. I haven’t used the Toyota system as I always use CarPlay but it may do what you want.
I see what you saying with the message app. My wife’s 2018 highlander alerts with a noise. Just thought this one should. Thanks

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
For Carplay, make sure you have the "Driving Focus" turned off on your phone. Also, my notification volume was turned all the way down. The easiest way I found to adjust that volume was to turn on navigation with voice directions and then turn up the volume when a direction would be spoken.
Sponsored