Good news on replacement front windshield

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
I had put a post out sometime ago about a crack in my front windshield and the inability to obtain a new one. I had a rock hit it back in April. The chip turned into a crack 14 inches long. Looked all over for a front windshield and could not find one. Just got a call yesterday from my body shop that they had located a front windshield. I wanted to let everyone know it came in as I know there were a LOT of people in the same boat. Hoping this means parts are beginning to roll out. Also waiting for bearings for my right front wheel so maybe they will be in soon.
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Sweet! Hopefully that means I can get mine soon - the crack that is on the driver's side of mine is getting super annoying.

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! Hopefully that means I can get mine soon - the crack that is on the driver's side of mine is getting super annoying.
I hear you! At least mine is on the passengers side but it still drives me crazy

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much are you paying? Are you going to recalibrate the Toyota safety sense?
Insurance is paying for it. It'll be in the shop for 2 days so they can recalibrate it.

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Just the call too lol - mine is in as well, so it seems like they're finally flowing them out.

OHTacoCamper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
I'm glad you got the windsheid in, I just got a chip in my windshield after my road trip. Luckily it's really small and I'm getting it filled on Saturday by Safelite. I would assume safelite would be having issues getting a full windshield too, but I'll ask when I take my truck in on Saturday.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm sick of Toyota's crappy quality windshields. I never had an issue with cracks and chips until I switched the Toyota. My Tacoma has a split down the middle to and I can't be bothered to replace it because it's only going to happen straight away again

Unless I can find an aftermarket windshield that's stronger glass, if that's even a thing the split can stay there for years lol.

So far I got a split, and four filled rock chips. That's only within 3 months of having the windshield. I gave up after the split.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I had a crack for almost 4 weeks. There are no after market windshields available yet as too new. Safelite ordered directly from Toyota. Got OEM windshield last Friday and installed Monday. I dont understand why you had to for 2 days for install as I have the video rearview mirror etc and my truck was done in 3 hours with calibration

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a crack for almost 4 weeks. There are no after market windshields available yet as too new. Safelite ordered directly from Toyota. Got OEM windshield last Friday and installed Monday. I dont understand why you had to for 2 days for install as I have the video rearview mirror etc and my truck was done in 3 hours with calibration
I wondered why it would take that long as well. Thanks for the feedback

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Yea I have mine scheduled and it's only a 2 hour job

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I'm sick of Toyota's crappy quality windshields. I never had an issue with cracks and chips until I switched the Toyota. My Tacoma has a split down the middle to and I can't be bothered to replace it because it's only going to happen straight away again

Unless I can find an aftermarket windshield that's stronger glass, if that's even a thing the split can stay there for years lol.

So far I got a split, and four filled rock chips. That's only within 3 months of having the windshield. I gave up after the split.
Anybody heard of a PPF for a windshield to prevent cracks? I ask because a reel popped up on my IG where someone complained of constant chips and cracks on their windshield so they put on a protection film much like PPF but for windshields? Seems genius and wondering if anyone has done that and if not, why not? I, too, am worried about dings on the windshield and often avoid following big rigs for that reason.

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody heard of a PPF for a windshield to prevent cracks? I ask because a reel popped up on my IG where someone complained of constant chips and cracks on their windshield so they put on a protection film much like PPF but for windshields? Seems genius and wondering if anyone has done that and if not, why not? I, too, am worried about dings on the windshield and often avoid following big rigs for that reason.
That would be genius! I'll be watching this thread for that.

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be genius! I'll be watching this thread for that.
Just did a quick google search for something similar and found this place. Anyone heard anything about this?

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Depending on the state, any film on the windshield fails a state inspection. Again, depending on the state.

Richard
Sponsored