Sponsored

I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Subaru Legacy, Honda Element EX AWD
Sorry to hear that. Toyota could do some heavy improvement in their customer experience and ordering 100%.
My point exactly.

Did a few quick surveys on the Inventory search screen using various zip codes around the country and the max 500mi radius.
I had been doing it for a year :) I even wrote a script that generates links for the capital of each of the 50 states :)

... looks like Limited Hybrids in Blue must be in the next factory batch...
Too late - I don't want it anymore.

But thank you for the link, appreciate it!
Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Right, complaining about Toyota doing something they have never promised they do or have ever done. Yet they’re the bad guy or company. Enjoy your Maverick.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
complaining about Toyota doing something they have never promised they do or have ever done. Yet they’re the bad guy or company.
Well, maybe it's time to evolve? Other companies who had never promised direct ordering are doing it now. I am not saying "Toyota is a bad company", I am sharing my experience.

Enjoy your Maverick.
Thank you 💐 I sure will, no doubt about it. I am already enjoying the ordering/building process.

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
But it doesn't have to be that way, that's my point. My Tesla Model 3 was built exactly to my specs, and so is my future Maverick. If they can do it, why can't Toyota? Life is too short to search for a new car matching what you want.
Toyota could do that, if they wanted to. They choose not to, because they demand the highest possible efficiency from their production line and build-to-order vehicles are anathema to that efficiency.

I went the other way: a Maverick with the options I wanted was going to be $50k CAD. For that much, I much prefer the capability the Tacoma gives me. That said, I didn't realize they were finally offering an AWD Hybrid and that is absolutely amazing news. It will be a great truck.

I am, however, extremely offended that you think Toyota offers no good colours. Ford killed orange on the Maverick. Toyota still offers it on the Tacoma. That's a win in Toyota's column.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't realize they were finally offering an AWD Hybrid and that is absolutely amazing news. It will be a great truck.
👍

I am, however, extremely offended that you think Toyota offers no good colours. Ford killed orange on the Maverick. Toyota still offers it on the Tacoma. That's a win in Toyota's column.
Wasn't my intention to offend anyone... Orange was my first choice for a Tacoma, too, but it's not available on a Limited trim. I was sort of okay with either blue or red, but only because there was nothing better.
Loving the Eruption Green on a Maverick though.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All trucks/cars have issues.
Oh, thank you. Now we know. 😁

All cars have issues, but reliability ratings are based on how often they occur and how severe they are.
For instance, Consumer Reports rates hybrid Mavericks as "Well above average", whereas Tacomas have "Average" (two levels below Mavericks). I know it's very unusual for Toyotas, but it is what it is.

2024 Tacoma I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma. 1726263066889-84

2024 Tacoma I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma. 1726263131780-39

Last edited:

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
Pretty sure a Tacoma with “average” will ten times out of ten maintain a higher value than a maverick thats “well above average”. But if resale value is of no importance to you then I guess that doesn’t matter. I liked the maverick when it first came out and thought it was a cool little “truck” coming from ford. When it came time to buy it wasn’t a consideration though as it’s not any more space or any more capable than my Jeep renegade.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure a Tacoma with “average” will ten times out of ten maintain a higher value than a maverick thats “well above average”.
Possibly true, although Mavericks have been maintaining their resale value pretty well, and the new Tacoma is a first with average reliability, so we both don't know how well it will retain its resale value.

But a). A Maverick is $20K less expensive that a Tacoma to begin with, and b). What I lose on resale, I will win on fuel economy and repair costs.

it’s not any more space
About that. Front row sitting offers about the same legroom and hadroom as a Tacoma, but, to my huge surprise, the rear row has plenty more of both. Plus storage compartments underneath the rear seats (yes, in a hybrid!), while a hybrid Tacoma offers none.

Last edited:

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
No need to defend your choice to me. You’re the one paying for it so get what you want. I bought a truck knowing it’s not gonna get the best gas mileage. I also enjoy going to long lost places in the mountains and AWD is great for the road but not so much off it.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Pretty much nobody x shops a maverick vs Tacoma if he talked Ranger I get it.. Clearly a troll looking for attention. Zero contribution to Tacoma 4G, other than entertainment 🤣

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty much nobody x shops a Maverick vs Tacoma
I wanted an AWD+hybrid Maverick to begin with, but before the 2025 model, I had to choose one or the other.
That's how I ended up putting a deposit for a Tacoma, because it was the only alternative.
Not anymore.

💐
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.